Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
I disagree, its very unlikely any of them will become first team players, maybe Galloway, but the others will play at League One level.

Save your outrage, time will prove me correct.

Galloway has been loaned out to WBA to get a bit more first-team experience under a defensive coach. It hasn't worked out, for whatever reason... He'll probably be back in January.

Connolly, nah - not seen anything of him in the U23s to suggest he's ready just yet. Sure it won't be too long.

Browning has been out for over a year with a nasty injury, and he's still on the recovery trail from that. I like him, but even when he played last season I wasn't massively convinced. Hopefully he does get a shot when he's fully fit though.

Pennington played in pre-season and got a hamstring injury. He's out until March.

Didn't say they would all make it as first team players , just that they deserved to be in or around the squad.

Let's face it half of our first team players haven't made it as first team players lol

Point taken about the injuries.

Agree with you both really x

Galloway has been loaned out to WBA to get a bit more first-team experience under a defensive coach. It hasn't worked out, for whatever reason... He'll probably be back in January.

Connolly, nah - not seen anything of him in the U23s to suggest he's ready just yet. Sure it won't be too long.

Browning has been out for over a year with a nasty injury, and he's still on the recovery trail from that. I like him, but even when he played last season I wasn't massively convinced. Hopefully he does get a shot when he's fully fit though.

Pennington played in pre-season and got a hamstring injury. He's out until March.

Who cares if they are injured? THROW THEM IN!

I know most of the 'hardcore' Blues on here would love to give Koeman all the time in the world, but he's been a sheer disgrace this season. He has less personality than a wet flannel, is clearly only here because he is a mercinery and has seemingly done the impossible and has us playing worse than under Martinez during his final two seasons.

Now, given that he deemed Bolasie a 28m player, would you trust him within another 30/40/50+ million? Regardless, that 28m would have easily, so easily, got in 3 first XI players. Instead we stick with the useless Stekelenburg, continue playing Jagielka, have no genuine competition for Lukaku then spunk every single penny on the waste of space Bolasie. I think the best move, if we don't pick up major points in next five games, is to pay him off and start again, and this time actually give the next manager funds to build a team as opposed to continuing the sell-to-buy policy.

I FALL AT YOUR FEET, PROPHET. TELL ME, HOW LONG DOES THE MAN-BABY HAVE LEFT??

He needs the transfer window and fast, new players are a must to adapt to his way of playing.

Lose against Arsenal, Liverpool and the two Leicester games and we will have a revolt from the fans.

He should get the full season and the first few months of next season in my eyes before we judge him but the modern day fan is unprepared to wait that long.

He needs the transfer window and fast, new players are a must to adapt to his way of playing.

Lose against Arsenal, Liverpool and the two Leicester games and we will have a revolt from the fans.

He should get the full season and the first few months of next season in my eyes before we judge him but the modern day fan is unprepared to wait that long.

Wish I knew what his way of playing was lol

I should qualify this by saying Koeman does need to be doing better. We are in a false position in the league having for me, picked up more points than our general performance level has allowed. That being said, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that January is going to be key critical.

From everything that was said, both by the Esk but also more widely both Koeman and Moshiri liked one another early on. Despite both sides tentatively going towards other options it seems clear from very early on that initial meeting cemented the belief both sides were right for one another. It is worth briefly speculating what they saw in each other. For my money, Moshiri saw a man who was, opinionated, ruthless, talented, able to improve a club in flux and ultimately someone who would not shirk from clearing out players who have under performed for Everton. Koeman would have seen a man who would give him both the financial support and personal backing to undertake this process.

What has let us down is not just bad recruitment in the summer but a failure to sign players. I remain uneasy at how blasé aspects of the club are to this, how Elstone and Kenwright continue to be allowed to frolic around the club after another summer of letting the manager down. Koeman had an MO which was to gut this squad, weed out the bad apples quickly and turn the ship around. By Moshiri's own reckoning we missed out on 3 of the 7 key areas, with Bolasie injured that is now 4 of the 7 and with the questionable form of Stekelenberg it's hard not to see it at 5 of the 7 currently under question. That's without the loss of form of players like Jagielka.

In short Koeman has kept his side of the bargain, I imagine made it clear to players they are not welcome longer term. However in lieu of signings in all we are left with is a disgruntled and underperforming squad. I can't make this clearer, if we do not add quality in January we will be in a relegation dog fight. I said in September when we got as high as 2nd this was illusionary, the poor business we did will catch up with us. I'd hoped it wouldn't and I didn't think it would be this severe but it was anticipated.

The real worry I have is we have people involved in the upper echelons of the club for who letting a manager down is now just normal service. This is what happened to Moyes window in window out, the good window being the exception. We got away with it then, because we had a manager who for all his faults (inability to win big/important games) was able to thrive in crisis and able steady the ship. That is not a skillset that Koeman possesses. Likewise back then there were a number of rank poor teams, I look at the league now and just don't see that many teams who are so poor they are doomed. Swansea came to our ground and nearly beat us as a key case in point.

Koeman needs to do better, but without the tools he requires it is worth questioning what was the point in recruiting him?

I know most of the 'hardcore' Blues on here would love to give Koeman all the time in the world, but he's been a sheer disgrace this season. He has less personality than a wet flannel, is clearly only here because he is a mercinery and has seemingly done the impossible and has us playing worse than under Martinez during his final two seasons.

Now, given that he deemed Bolasie a 28m player, would you trust him within another 30/40/50+ million? Regardless, that 28m would have easily, so easily, got in 3 first XI players. Instead we stick with the useless Stekelenburg, continue playing Jagielka, have no genuine competition for Lukaku then spunk every single penny on the waste of space Bolasie. I think the best move, if we don't pick up major points in next five games, is to pay him off and start again, and this time actually give the next manager funds to build a team as opposed to continuing the sell-to-buy policy.

Good Monday morning fume!

The board won't back him with anywhere near the money that is required. Our squad is broken, ageing and simply not good enough. He needs about 75+ million to get in 4/5 players to challenge for the first XI. What will he get? I reckon less than 10m.

The board won't back him with anywhere near the money that is required. Our squad is broken, ageing and simply not good enough. He needs about 75+ million to get in 4/5 players to challenge for the first XI. What will he get? I reckon less than 10m.
Absolutely no chance he will only get 10m to spend.

From what esk has said and with the Stones money I think he'd have the £75M. Only issue is I don't think the top players we need will come to us so I'm resigned to hoping Walsh unearths more Gana Gueyes for us

From what esk has said and with the Stones money I think he'd have the £75M. Only issue is I don't think the top players we need will come to us so I'm resigned to hoping Walsh unearths more Gana Gueyes for us
We don't need 'top' players. We aren't in the markets for Ronaldos and Messis, or even 'top end' Premier League players. Let's think outside of the box and get proven players in from the Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, etc. Give them a tasty contract and sell the vision of the club and dream of playing in the best division in the world to them. If the money is there then it shouldn't be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back