Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree he needs time however he keeps telling us what's wrong but not how he's going to fix it. What I want is some positives from him and passion. At Watford on Saturday he spent most of the game sat on his backside he needs to get on his feet encourage, berate and get involved in the game.

That really seemed to irritate me too. I'm not even sure why.

I think the board have ballsed up this appointment. I said in the summer I'd like us to get a manager who can build a team for the future and integrate our top youngsters into the 1st team squad.... Koeman just wants a team of quick fixes and that's not what we need at all in my opinion.

The style of football is awful too, akin to the Walter Smith era but it was a bit more understandable back then.

That really seemed to irritate me too. I'm not even sure why.

Photo on twitter of his notes taken during the game.

1437061540-d27792d72b4e2d1468333f914ef455c7-600x445.jpg

I can see the future.

You lot remind me of that scene in the motion picture starring Charlton Heston " The Ten Commandments "

When Moses goes off into the mountains to speak with God, the rubble of people start making a gold statue to worship as a new God.

Remember three years ago people? Moyes was so negative, Martinez is our new lord and so positive, can't wait for the season to start. Fast forward and Martinez chats a load of Tosh and Koeman is the new lord and savior.

You will all turn on him, remember that. You will turn on him.

The Circle of BAWK.

We love Moyes for his honesty.

We hate Moyes for his honesty.

We Love Martinez for his positivity.

We hate Martinez for his positivity.

We love Koeman for his honesty?

What's next????

You will all turn on him.

Remember that.

I think the board have ballsed up this appointment. I said in the summer I'd like us to get a manager who can build a team for the future and integrate our top youngsters into the 1st team squad.... Koeman just wants a team of quick fixes and that's not what we need at all in my opinion.

The style of football is awful too, akin to the Walter Smith era but it was a bit more understandable back then.

What 'top' youngsters haven't been integrated already?

Davies is on the verge I'd say - Koeman sees him train with the first team every day and hasn't deemed him ready to come into a side low on confidence.

Holgate has been in the 18 or starting 11 every game this season.

The other youngsters aren't anywhere close to being ready.

Also, look at how S'ton played for the last two years to give you an actual indication of how Koeman wants us to play.

When he joined S'ton they sold half of their first team, but he used that money to bring in nine additions that he knew would fit his style (Alderweireld, Bertrand, Tadic, Mane, Pelle, Forster, Gardos, Taider and Long).

We made five signings, and all of the outfield ones (even Valencia, who should have started the other day) suit a high-intensity system much more than any of the other players we had before.

Also, look at how S'ton played for the last two years to give you an actual indication of how Koeman wants us to play.

When he joined S'ton they sold half of their first team, but he used that money to bring in nine additions that he knew would fit his style (Alderweireld, Bertrand, Tadic, Mane, Pelle, Forster, Gardos, Taider and Long).

We made five signings, and all of the outfield ones (even Valencia, who should have started the other day) suit a high-intensity system much more than any of the other players we had before.

Good signings too

We will spend big this jan and early.

I am adamant there will be deals done already

Good signings too

We will spend big this jan and early.

I am adamant there will be deals done already

I like your optimism mate! I hope so.

Personally, I reckon we'll see three to four in - but all of them need to be of first-team quality.

In the meantime though, I totally understand the concern and the frustration. That isn't all down to Koeman, but admittedly his stubbornness is very frustrating - even though the lack of quality options is ridiculous.

What 'top' youngsters haven't been integrated already?

Davies is on the verge I'd say - Koeman sees him train with the first team every day and hasn't deemed him ready to come into a side low on confidence.

Holgate has been in the 18 or starting 11 every game this season.

The other youngsters aren't anywhere close to being ready.

I disagree. I reckon Connolly, Pennington, Browning, Galloway were all good enough to be round the first team squad

I disagree. I reckon Connolly, Pennington, Browning, Galloway were all good enough to be round the first team squad

Galloway has been loaned out to WBA to get a bit more first-team experience under a defensive coach. It hasn't worked out, for whatever reason... He'll probably be back in January.

Connolly, nah - not seen anything of him in the U23s to suggest he's ready just yet. Sure it won't be too long.

Browning has been out for over a year with a nasty injury, and he's still on the recovery trail from that. I like him, but even when he played last season I wasn't massively convinced. Hopefully he does get a shot when he's fully fit though.

Pennington played in pre-season and got a hamstring injury. He's out until March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back