Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
he doesn't even know when the next board meeting is, never mind Koemans contract
Fair enough just asking but as I've said we could be in a position where we will keep on a disinterested underperforming manager because both parties know exactly what the financial implications are.

Can understand where those noises come from, but that's not the benchmark of a good manager imo. Ferguson was barely seen on his touchline as he was sure his team is prepared and he trust his players to do their job on the field. You can give them a simple instructions (like "don't let them score", "get stuck in", "push up" etc.) but that's not the time to draw a plan how to win.
He was often on the touch line instructing his players and getting into officials.

My point is that paying an entire contract in full in the event of dismissal is far from a standard clause even in the premier league - Moyes only got a years pay from Utd for example. I fear we have dropped a clanger here and in particular making the contract terms identical to martinez's.
Surely they haven't been that stupid after getting their fingers burnt with Martinez!
If he finishes lets say inside the top 6 (but for whatever reason they are not happy with him) then he should be eligible for compensation, but if he is sitting in 14-15th at the end of the season then they should be able to fire him without any compensation being paid as he is failing the job he is paid to do.

He's lost quite a bit of his shine for me in recent weeks for not doing the simple fixes. At the start of the season we were all into his ruthless and forthright style, dragging players off in the first half, changing formation etc.

He's slipped into the bad habits of Moyes and Martinez though of late. Loyality to certain players, the formation and not showing faith in young players.

Every manager deserves at least a season though barring the extreme (relegation danger in April for example.)

@The Esk are you aware of any of the contractual implications of terminating koemans contract - I.e are we potentially in the same situation as with Martinez - contract to be paid in full in the event of dismissal? If yes that would certainly go some way to explain his apparent lack of interest in motivating/coaching the team?

No idea mate but apart from the Board and Koeman's people I can't think of anyone who should know what is in his contract - it's a fixed term contract of employment.

he doesn't even know when the next board meeting is, never mind Koemans contract

Unless I was a board member which I am obviously not, why would I know when there's a board meeting? The club do not provide those details even to shareholders.

He's the number one ITK on this site mate. lol jk

When you are eventually banned again (and that can't be too far off to be honest) and you write another letter asking for you to be re-admitted do you really think you are going to get my and other mods' support?

For someone who purports to love the site you make no effort to ensure you can remain here.

When you are eventually banned again (and that can't be too far off to be honest) and you write another letter asking for you to be re-admitted do you really think you are going to get my and other mods' support?

For someone who purports to love the site you make no effort to ensure you can remain here.

Holy absolute moly

@butters the pen-friend.

Sense of humour severely lacking, I am afraid. Did my post genuinely upset you? Are you ok? If so, I sincerely apologise to you and anybody else who might have been offended by it. If you need to talk about it I'll happily exchange PMs with you as to not break any off-topic rules.

I've always thought us Blues have a decent sense of humour, but you're certainly doing your best to prove me wrong. Come on lighten up. It's Christmas after all.

Anyway, I'll not make any further quips about you, don't worry. Let's have that be the end of it now.

/on topic: Do one Koeman.

No idea mate but apart from the Board and Koeman's people I can't think of anyone who should know what is in his contract - it's a fixed term contract of employment.

Unless I was a board member which I am obviously not, why would I know when there's a board meeting? The club do not provide those details even to shareholders.
In another thread you stated in a what appeared to be a fairly categorical manner that koeman would definitely get a minimum of 2 years of his 3 year contract. Could you explain the reasons for your conviction?

I assume it can only be due to financial considerations as the prospect of this individual continuing to mismanage first team affairs for a further 18 months would fill me and many others with deep alarm

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back