Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they haven't been that stupid after getting their fingers burnt with Martinez!
If he finishes lets say inside the top 6 (but for whatever reason they are not happy with him) then he should be eligible for compensation, but if he is sitting in 14-15th at the end of the season then they should be able to fire him without any compensation being paid as he is failing the job he is paid to do.

The thing is they pursued him so relentlessly and publicly I reckon he could just about have written his own contract.

And I have no doubt it contains no such clause :(

If things do not start to improve under Ronald, Eddie Howe would be the most suitable replacement. Seems to know what's needed to get his players up for it.
Can we please drop this silly flavour of the mouth nonsense. I'm sick and tired of every time we struggle the latest internet/media darling gets trotted out as our saviour. Holloway, Bilic, Howe and many others have all been raved about over the years and 99% of them fall apart within a couple of seasons. It all gets very tedious after a while. Eddie Howe has in no way, shape or form proved himself enough to justify us wanting him as Everton manager. The structure of Bournemouth and the entire setup is perfect for him, he's a big fish an incredibly small pond.

In another thread you stated in a what appeared to be a fairly categorical manner that koeman would definitely get a minimum of 2 years of his 3 year contract. Could you explain the reasons for your conviction?

I assume it can only be due to financial considerations as the prospect of this individual continuing to mismanage first team affairs for a further 18 months would fill me and many others with deep alarm

Both Koeman and Moshiri agreed it would be three years before realistically his plans/their ambitions would bare fruit - the progression being improvement in squad/league position year 1, continued squad improvement/EL qualification year 2, viable contenders for CL qualification year 3.

Clearly if he is nowhere near targets by the end of year 2, then there should be a question mark over his suitability for a third year in the project.

I've heard nothing that suggests any different to date.

I keep hearing 'modern day fans this modern day fans that', well I've been watching football over 35 years and Koeman isn't doing his job, nothing to do with wanting things here and now, I expect people to earn their money doing the job they were employed for. I'm not seeing that at the moment. Whole club reeks of failure.

Can we please drop this silly flavour of the mouth nonsense. I'm sick and tired of every time we struggle the latest internet/media darling gets trotted out as our saviour. Holloway, Bilic, Howe and many others have all been raved about over the years and 99% of them fall apart within a couple of seasons. It all gets very tedious after a while. Eddie Howe has in no way, shape or form proved himself enough to justify us wanting him as Everton manager. The structure of Bournemouth and the entire setup is perfect for him, he's a big fish an incredibly small pond.

As a matter of interest....why are you saying Holloway was trotted out as a "saviour"?

I have never heard anyone mention him as a potential Everton manager in real life nor saw anyone on here putting his name forward.

Someone might have done so but I never read it.....and I am sure whomever said it was deservedly ridiculed o_O

Now, I make you right about "flavour of the month" managers.

The problem with flavour of the month is that they all end up tasting the same.......Owen Coyle and Phil Brown are other good examples.

And I would include Mr. Ronald Koeman as a "flavour of the month" appointment as well :pint2:

Roberto Martinez certainly was.

I keep hearing 'modern day fans this modern day fans that', well I've been watching football over 35 years and Koeman isn't doing his job, nothing to do with wanting things here and now, I expect people to earn their money doing the job they were employed for. I'm not seeing that at the moment. Whole club reeks of failure.

And it has done for three years now, so wait and give the new manager who has taken over a failing group of players more time.

It's pretty strange, as after getting rid of martinez who they clearly hated, you would have thought these players would be keen to buy into the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back