Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wonder if keoman has handed the players a huge length of rope and allowed them to go out and hang themselves. He must have noticed some got the previous manager the sack and now have downed tools again. By not playing the youth or a different system that we all crave, he is saying to them show me what you've got and it aint much.

When you are eventually banned again (and that can't be too far off to be honest) and you write another letter asking for you to be re-admitted do you really think you are going to get my and other mods' support?

For someone who purports to love the site you make no effort to ensure you can remain here.

t3_5hoqoq

I don't think the players aren't playing for him. They're just not good enough to adapt from one style to another.

As it is, we're left with this middle ground of toshness that he does need to fix.

Part of that is making simple changes that from the outside look like they would have a positive effect. We can't be certain they would though at this stage it seems they would. However, he may feel that we have more to lose at this stage as despite how tosh we've been we're still in the top half.

I've said before that I fully acknowledge that is down to the quality of the league in general, but it could be a factor playing into Koeman's thinking as it stands.
Utter utter nonsense toff, they're professionals who have been playing all their lives, to say they are unteachable is rubbish.

You're also saying all 22 are incapable, bit of a coincidence that we managed to sign 22 footballers who are uncoachable in more than one way. Not a feasible argument that if i'm honest.

Think what you want mate, I honestly don't care. Just try and have some original thought rather then follow the heard mentality and trot out the names of random manager's who are having a decent little run at nothing clubs.

You clearly do care, bothered enough to send a few paragraphs.

I am supportive of Koeman (although I didn't want him to be our manager) but IF it doesn't work out or he gets his dream move to Barce - then I would like Eddie Howe.

This might be frustrating for yourself, but that's how I feel, sorry.

Utter utter nonsense toff, they're professionals who have been playing all their lives, to say they are unteachable is rubbish.

You're also saying all 22 are incapable, bit of a coincidence that we managed to sign 22 footballers who are uncoachable in more than one way. Not a feasible argument that if i'm honest.

Not all of them, clearly. But it's not tosh at all. If so, they'd be doing it.

Barkley can't do it, he ends up running sideways. Del gets knackered after 30 minutes. Kev tries for 10 minutes. Rom tries for 10 seconds.

McCarthy lets games pass him by. Jagielka and Barry can't run.

On the whole (not every one of them obviously), but as a group, they can't adapt. They were brought in by Martinez as they suited his style of play. A style of play that took us backwards in the last two years.

It wasn't on here that I heard the ridiculous Holloway shout but I heard it said a couple of times during Blackpool's one season in the Prem. Particularly after they beat the vermin across the park and yes they were both clowns who got ripped apart for suggesting Holloway.

Your possibility right about Koeman and definitely right about Martinez. This is why we must be very careful if Koeman gets the sack and make sure we pick the right long term manager for us.
Oh, it was.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...reset-21-05-2016.83876/page-2868#post-4590192

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...-reset-21-05-2016.83876/page-203#post-4364555

And further back
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/moyes-potential-replacement.53652/page-706#post-1960051

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...leaving-all-reaction-here.53298/#post-1743806

Not all of them, clearly. But it's not tosh at all. If so, they'd be doing it.

Barkley can't do it, he ends up running sideways. Del gets knackered after 30 minutes. Kev tries for 10 minutes. Rom tries for 10 seconds.

McCarthy lets games pass him by. Jagielka and Barry can't run.

On the whole (not every one of them obviously), but as a group, they can't adapt. They were brought in by Martinez as they suited his style of play. A style of play that took us backwards in the last two years.

Jags, Barkley(academy) and Kev were Moyes signings toff?

You clearly do care, bothered enough to send a few paragraphs.

I am supportive of Koeman (although I didn't want him to be our manager) but IF it doesn't work out or he gets his dream move to Barce - then I would like Eddie Howe.

This might be frustrating for yourself, but that's how I feel, sorry.
Well if you seriously think that then fair enough. Your entitled to your view, I think it's a ludicrous point of view but your entitled to it all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back