Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Wright just made the point: that it's easier for players to get up for big games like this, implying it's up to the manager to get his players up for the non-glamorous games too.

I actually half-fancy us now vs RS and then who knows? Koeman just needs to keep up that intensity.

100% blunt and honest here. I don't think he's a great manager. Certainly absolutely NOT a man manager.

But I don't care if he sees out the rest of the year if he can continue his 'I only beat the big teams' and we beat Liverpool Monday.

Please, Ron you unlikable tyke, prove me wrong!

Not sure Koeman had much to do with the result to be honest. The players stepped up when it mattered. Would have been so easy for their heads to have dropped after Arrsenal's goal in the first fifteen, especially when they'd had a quiet start and the ground was deathly quiet.

I'm really pleased for them.

What a massive win.

As many of my learned friends here have said, we have a poor squad but nowhere near as poor as that "run" we were on.

We are never as bad as 1 win in 10, not with players like Lukaku, Gueye, Coleman, and Barkley.

They have to be up for it all the time and always put in a shift. One true thing about this squad is that we don't have the luxury of winning at 70% intensity. It's RK's job to sort this and he and we got a reaction tonight.

Onto the RS and enough of the inferiority complex. Tonight we beat a side infinitely better than they are, having gone into it with confidence shot to pieces.

Win this and we can start looking forward to a strong 2nd half of the season and getting some good signings in January.

And well done boys tonight, credit where it's at long last and finally due.

Just shows, that's what playing with intensity does for you.

He has made mistakes, but that is what he is aiming for - that aggression and intensity.

The possession play - the domination, as Stubbsy put it - will come, with better players (what the window is for) and more consistency.

But the fundamentals need to come first. We need to be proactive. For once, we took the initiative after getting ourselves back into the game, and never took our foot off the pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back