Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought his comment was interesting that first 20 we were nervous and always wanting to play the ball backwards. This hints at why there's so much long ball in recent months. He's trying to encourage forward balls instead of sideways and backwards (sound familiar Roberto?) but nervous players with no confidence and lack of movement ahead of them have been resorting to playing it long.

Tonight the players stepped up the aggression and work rate, and the crowd responded...so the players responded again. And this against one of the best teams in the league. Great night.

People say it's his job to get the players up for the lesser games. To a point, I agree. But surely ultimately it's up to the players and their own personal attitudes to get themselves up for any game. They owe it to the fans to put in a performance like tonight in every game, whether it's at home to Arsenal under the lights or on a Saturday lunchtime away to Watford. Koeman has taken a lot of stick, which is part of his job, but I stick with my personal instinct that he will turn us in to a top 4 challenging team within 3 years providing he gets the backing from Moshiri and Walsh.

Any team needs to play with intensity to be successful.

We have lacked that for far too long.

Ronny has made mistakes, but showed today how he wants this team to play in terms of that aggression and that intensity.

This is where the signings then come in - he'll bring in players that are already suited to it - and that in turn means the players who haven't been up to scratch have to step up or they will be off.

Then, as the confidence grows and we have that basis in place, the quality will return - again this will be aided and sped up by bringing in better players for key areas to add competition and depth.

Every football fan in the country is entitled. And that's because every fan feels their team is the most important. What we have here is impatience and cynicism. Promised massive improvement and given regression and what appears now to be terminal decline.
I genuinely do not understand how anyone can possibly think we are WORSE now than we were under Martinez. I really, really don't get it, and that's why I conclude that people who expect us to be higher than we are at the moment are either entitled or deluded. If Koeman was a good enough manager to break us into the top 4 just sixteen games after Martinez led us to our second successive bottom-half finish, then he would never have come to us to start with.

Judge the man this time next year FFS, once he's had some time to alter the squad and fill it out with better players.

Brilliant! Nice to see Koeman out of seat barking orders, players closing down throwing in tackles everywhere, fans were bouncing. Love them performances!!!

Think tonight's the night Koeman finally 'gets' Everton.

If the fans see true passion, work rate, effort & desire to win they'll give you the best support in the country. Koeman has been (and been a fantastic player at some of the biggest teams in the world) a manager & player for a long time now but something tells me that having seen the Old Lady rocking tonight he was not only somewhat surprised but very much enamoured with the meaning of being a Toffee.

I expect great things going forward....

I genuinely do not understand how anyone can possibly think we are WORSE now than we were under Martinez. I really, really don't get it, and that's why I conclude that people who expect us to be higher than we are at the moment are either entitled or deluded. If Koeman was a good enough manager to break us into the top 4 just sixteen games after Martinez led us to our second successive bottom-half finish, then he would never have come to us to start with.

Judge the man this time next year FFS, once he's had some time to alter the squad and fill it out with better players.

I said these next few games were crucial. Delighted to stop the rot. I rate Koeman, just was worried the players were giving up on him. Evidently not quite yet. Hopefully it's not a one off and there's a similar repeat next up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back