Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I notice Emery is under pressure at PSG and there are rumours the Board are already seeking a replacement. Funny old game, the man who was touted to join us is finding it difficult in a weaker league with significant riches at his disposal.
Noticed that this morning.

So we would be no better off with either of them in charge then haha although emery would at least have some longer term about him than koeman does.

....I notice Emery is under pressure at PSG and there are rumours the Board are already seeking a replacement. Funny old game, the man who was touted to join us is finding it difficult in a weaker league with significant riches at his disposal.

Sevilla have Monchi
Southampton have Reed

Two Directors of football who seem to be first rate. When managers etc leave there they generally fail at their next clubs...the only exception being Poch that i can think of.

Same can be said about lots of their former players also.

Sevilla have Monchi
Southampton have Reed

Two Directors of football who seem to be first rate. When managers etc leave there they generally fail at their next clubs...the only exception being Poch that i can think of.

Same can be said about lots of their former players also.

Monchi's off to Roma mate

'Buys shares in Roma'.

Hah.

Not sure if it's been confirmed yet but it's been ongoing for a few weeks I think.

Would be a good move.

I'm confident Walsh is gonna come good though.

It's a new role for him, but also for the club. In fact the only person who has worked under the model before is Ron-Ko.

Hah.

Not sure if it's been confirmed yet but it's been ongoing for a few weeks I think.

Would be a good move.

I'm confident Walsh is gonna come good though.

It's a new role for him, but also for the club. In fact the only person who has worked under the model before is Ron-Ko.

Koeman isnt as important as Walsh in this system...as long as he is more senior.

Koeman isnt as important as Walsh in this system...as long as he is more senior.

I've just posted in the Walsh thread that, transfer wise, I think we're going to see Koeman bring in players he knows in the next window or two (or has admired etc) to help with a 'quicker' fix.

Schneiderlin is a perfect example.

A player who had his best season under Koeman, who gets along well with him and fits the bill in terms of a role we need to fill in the team, and is available.

They'll both work together to bring in players though. Koeman sets the style, so Walsh and his scouts will find players to fit that mould.

I've just posted in the Walsh thread that, transfer wise, I think we're going to see Koeman bring in players he knows in the next window or two (or has admired etc) to help with a 'quicker' fix.

Schneiderlin is a perfect example.

A player who had his best season under Koeman, who gets along well with him and fits the bill in terms of a role we need to fill in the team, and is available.

They'll both work together to bring in players though. Koeman sets the style, so Walsh and his scouts will find players to fit that mould.

Koeman will bring in those he knows well to get his message across to the rest of the team how he wants things done.

Walsh will bring in some players who will end up (hopefully) being better and adding alot more long term.

I don't think Dunc actually does anything mate.

He's a total legend, but at this point I've yet to see him have any visible effect on the squad other than doing keepie-uppies at half-time and putting the cones out...
He actually does a fair bit but you wouldn't see it because its done at finch farm. Its basically stupid to criticize someone about their job when you don't see them do it

He actually does a fair bit but you wouldn't see it because its done at finch farm. Its basically stupid to criticize someone about their job when you don't see them do it

It was in jest more than anything mate, though it would be nice to see him take a more 'vocal' role on the touchline sometimes.

Still not convinced by this guy, i hope he can prove me wrong and we play some good football and take the 3 points although tonight i'll accept crap football and 3 points,
I just want to see us have some sort of system were we can all see were he's going with it,
i've yet to see us play well for 90 minutes this season and come away thinking he knows what he's doing this guy he can take us places but it's all just been long ball stuff bar a few minutes here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back