Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could bring on Messi but doesnt make sense to play him in right midfield to cover coleman!!!

Of course kenny or holgate would be a better option there than a young forward...also we would actually have a chance of winning the ball back or at least hold a better defensive position....how many forwards can tackle ?

Different story if he went up top next to lukaku...but he didnt...poor kid just stood there a few times near RB position looking lost.

It wasnt a defensive sub tho Zat.

He tried to go up top, just like he did vs Arsenal.

However, he had to go out wide as they then just bombarded us down that side.

Koeman should have recognised that though, and not put him there.

When he came on Lukaku pointed at the right wing to him, not suggesting for 1 second that it was his idea, just something I observed.

Did you give him stick for bringing the lad on last week?

Did you expect us to go toe to toe with them in a passing game competition?

Get a grip

Well, last week we had McCarthy still on the pitch and were harrying and passing on the ground...CL was able to play in an advanced role...

What was his position yesterday? secondary right back?? Right midfield at a push?? He is neither...

If he had been thrown on up front and we used him as a long ball target man then at least theres some logic to it...

Why have holgate and kenny on the bench who are used to playing the role he was shoved into?

So all the haters who went quiet for a few days after Arsenal have slithered back. Can't say I'm shocked at all. If you want to criticize him when he gets stuff wrong I'd get it but just what planet are you all on if you think he was to blame for last night?! It's not his fault that our player's once again showed just how mentality weak they are. This entire squad is an absolute cowardly joke with zero ambition, they're like a gang of mice that occasionally roar in impotent rage. The sooner Koeman rips it to shreds and starts again the better.

Not for me. Always said that being aggressive against arsenal would work as it's arsenal. Any other side, you need more.

We're still horrible in possession. We're a direct side. Against arsenal two defenders scored while our attack barely had a shot on target.

Last night showed it. We tired after 45mins. We couldn't keep possession. We hoof it to a non target man.

There's the problems. A whole squad overhaul will improve it. But not by much

Remember when we absolutely schooled Arsenal at Goodison a couple seasons back, outplaying them with classy and slick passing football. Some proper ole football.

We have more or less same players now and can't string together multiple passes.

What's changed ?

Did you not watch us for the next two seasons after we beat Arsenal 3-0? Or are inconvenient facts like that unhelpful to your obvious agenda?

Did you not watch us for the next two seasons after we beat Arsenal 3-0? Or are inconvenient facts like that unhelpful to your obvious agenda?

lol at agendas

Even when we were gash we still played better football than we do now, it was aimless at times and passing for the sake of it but it was a lot better than the current hoofball tactics and I never saw a half of football as void of attacking ambition as I did in the second half last night. It was an utter shambles and I hardly ever come on this forum and cry when we play poorly, last night though .... So bad I had to post

He tried to go up top, just like he did vs Arsenal.

However, he had to go out wide as they then just bombarded us down that side.

Koeman should have recognised that though, and not put him there.

Objectively, why do you think;

A-- Cleverley was preferred to Davies on the bench?

B-- Deulofeu dropped or injured?

C-- Kenny and Holgate who can both play RB were on the bench?

D-- We didnt go two up top and use CL as a target man next to Lukaku?

E-- Barry put on when most (i hope) saw this as a white flag moment?

This isnt koeman hate, i just dont understand at all...

Not for me. Always said that being aggressive against arsenal would work as it's arsenal. Any other side, you need more.

We're still horrible in possession. We're a direct side. Against arsenal two defenders scored while our attack barely had a shot on target.

Last night showed it. We tired after 45mins. We couldn't keep possession. We hoof it to a non target man.

There's the problems. A whole squad overhaul will improve it. But not by much
The reason we don't have many shots is because we hardly have any real forward thinking strikers. The club bungled the summer transfer window so catastrophically that we were left with just Lukaku who's simply to lazy to work the Koeman style and a couple of wasters who shouldn't be anywhere near this club.

We need fighters at this club and our current side flop like a jelly on a wet mattress every time we need them to stand up and be counted. They're cowards. It's a weak mentality we've had at this club for far tk long and it's festerd into what we have now.

I don't care how much people knee-jerk, while last night was a real kick in the balls, it was a hell of a lot less embarrassing them both the 4-0 shambles we had under El Fraudo.

A-- Cleverley was preferred to Davies on the bench? -No idea

B-- Deulofeu dropped or injured? - Maybe injured?

C-- Kenny and Holgate who can both play RB were on the bench? - Holgate was CB cover

D-- We didnt go two up top and use CL as a target man next to Lukaku? - only had 1 sub to use and no one to play on the wing unless we took Barkley off

E-- Barry put on when most (i hope) saw this as a white flag moment? Would you rather Cleverly?

Just what I think

A-- Cleverley was preferred to Davies on the bench?

B-- Deulofeu dropped or injured?

C-- Kenny and Holgate who can both play RB were on the bench?

D-- We didnt go two up top and use CL as a target man next to Lukaku?

E-- Barry put on when most (i hope) saw this as a white flag moment?

A - If Clevs is getting flogged, I don't see the point in him being there.

B - I don't know.

C - I think Holgate at that time would have been the better choice.

D - I think the plan was to do just that, but we couldn't get out because of (point E)

E - Barry had to come on as Macca was crocked. But, it showed our worst fears to be proven correct. His lack of energy cost us in terms of how deep we ended up sitting, in contrast to the first half where we were pressing from the half-way line.

E - Barry had to come on as Macca was crocked. But, it showed our worst fears to be proven correct. His lack of energy cost us in terms of how deep we ended up sitting, in contrast to the first half where we were pressing from the half-way line.

That was the turning point. Barry dropped deep and didn't close them down with the same energy and workrate that McCarthy did first half.

As a result they started being able to play through midfield and get the ball to their attacking quartet in our final third.

That said barring the brilliant Robles save they created next to nothing before the scuffs mugged us off in the 94th minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back