Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to be the only one saying it isn't down to the squad.
Uh right but he's hardly going to stand in front of a camera and say, "gee wish I had some players that were halfway decent cause most of this set are total crap". And in reference to you saying we didn't back him, I'd rather not allow whoever is doing the purchasing to have access again to sign up more Sissoko/Bolasie types. I have only seen the end result of his work but Monchi seems like he would've been the difference maker.

lol at agendas

Even when we were gash we still played better football than we do now, it was aimless at times and passing for the sake of it but it was a lot better than the current hoofball tactics and I never saw a half of football as void of attacking ambition as I did in the second half last night. It was an utter shambles and I hardly ever come on this forum and cry when we play poorly, last night though .... So bad I had to post
It wasn't even close to as bad as some of the shambles we served up under Martinez. Not even close. You think last night was worse then either of the 4-0's at the slum? Or any of the other endless horrible defeats we've seen for the last two and a half year's? We clearly reverted to nothing but hoofball once the players ran out of steam, they're fitness for professional footballers is a joke. We have no real strikers at this club thanks to the fools who really run this club so Lukaku is almost always isolated, if we had more forward players (one's that are better quality then your average league one striker like we currently have) it'd be a different story.

That was the turning point. Barry dropped deep and didn't close them down with the same energy and workrate that McCarthy did first half.

As a result they started being able to play through midfield and get the ball to their attacking quartet in our final third.

That said barring the brilliant Robles save they created next to nothing before the scuffs mugged us off in the 94th minute.

Agree with every word.

For all their possession, we restricted them to one good chance - Stek's save from Firmino.

Firmino's shot was a moment of brilliance and a good save from Joel. They got lucky with a bounce for their goal, but that being said the keeping and defending was really poor.

The reason we don't have many shots is because we hardly have any real forward thinking strikers. The club bungled the summer transfer window so catastrophically that we were left with just Lukaku who's simply to lazy to work the Koeman style and a couple of wasters who shouldn't be anywhere near this club.

We need fighters at this club and our current side flop like a jelly on a wet mattress every time we need them to stand up and be counted. They're cowards. It's a weak mentality we've had at this club for far tk long and it's festerd into what we have now.

I don't care how much people knee-jerk, while last night was a real kick in the balls, it was a hell of a lot less embarrassing them both the 4-0 shambles we had under El Fraudo.

We've a 20 goal a season striker.

We had fighters since the 90s. What did we get? 1 trophy.

Moyes' record in the derby was horrendous. Negative coaches breed negativity

We don't need fight we need quality and class. Koeman is Moyes reincarnate. The club is never ambitious enough.

As for El Fraudo. His first season was a breath of fresh air. But he was a fantasist that got found out.

Uh right but he's hardly going to stand in front of a camera and say, "gee wish I had some players that were halfway decent cause most of this set are total crap". And in reference to you saying we didn't back him, I'd rather not allow whoever is doing the purchasing to have access again to sign up more Sissoko/Bolasie types. I have only seen the end result of his work but Monchi seems like he would've been the difference maker.

Bolasie - our best attacker. The stats back that up. The only attacker we have who presses and suits how Koeman wanted to play. Now out for a year.

Sissoko - would have added pace, power and height to a midfield that sorely lack it, as proved by one injury to McCarthy last night that scuppered our entire game plan.

What about the guy who signed Gueye, and at S'ton signed Van Dijk, Tadic, Austin, Pelle, Mane etc.

Talking tosh mate.

Just looking at the bench...

A-- Kenny and Holgate can both play the same positions...

B-- Cleverley shouldnt be in the squad ahead of davies

C-- Barry for a frantic derby...bizarre

Davies must not be doing enough in training to warrant inclusion however much we want him to be. We don't see them everyday. We have Mori and Holgate on the bench every week, due to Jags been suspended he's brought Kenny on to the bench to replace him I don't get the issue with that. And again, I would rather Barry than the anonymous one called Cleverley

I can decide if he deserves a pass because quite frankly he has inherited an awful shower of **** and needs time to get his own players in...

Or if he should at least be doing better with the squad he's got, despite their obvious limitations.

One things for sure, fair play to Liverpool last night for grinding out a win, something our bunch of losers aren't capable of doing.

#Anal

We've a 20 goal a season striker.

We had fighters since the 90s. What did we get? 1 trophy.

We don't need fight we need quality and class. Koeman is Moyes reincarnate. The club is never ambitious enough.

As for El Fraudo. His first season was a breath of fresh air. But he was a fantasist that got found out.
Which is one more trophy then we've ever won since isn't it? One single decent striker who never works hard enough just isn't going to fix things on his own. Class and quality? Yes please, providing it comes with guts and determination to fight for the club and the fans all match. It doesn't have to be one or the other, the 90's was to much one way and this side is the other. All flair and trick but zero substance. Cowards the lot of them. Honest question here, who would you of brought in to manage us? Billy Lair sucked any ambition out of this club years ago and for me it won't come back until poison like him and his hangers-on are gone from this club.

Bolasie - our best attacker. The stats back that up. The only attacker we have who presses and suits how Koeman wanted to play. Now out for a year.

Sissoko - would have added pace, power and height to a midfield that sorely lack it, as proved by one injury to McCarthy last night that scuppered our entire game plan.

What about the guy who signed Gueye, and at S'ton signed Van Dijk, Tadic, Austin, Pelle, Mane etc.

Talking tosh mate.
Excuse me sir but the tosh comes from your trap. This has been brought up multiple times. Koeman did not sign anyone at Southampton. No manager does. Next, if you're trying to prove your point that he signs quality why include Austin and Pelle? As for Bolasie it's hardly an amazing achievement (even if the only thing you're concerned with is stats, which are extremely misleading and not representative of real quality) beating out our current attacking crop. Finally if you think Sissoko (Who isn't a cm by the way or at least will never be able to play there with his work rate) is a player who can take us forward then that just baffles me as he was atrocious for Newcastle yet knocks a couple balls past some defenders in the euros and everyone thinks he's the second coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back