Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could give a crap if you watch for a living and the patronizing has been from both us in this tete a tete so don't throw rocks then hide your hands. Have you ever stopped to consider that how we are working a DoF system might be different to others ways of using it? Obviously not. He played in the middle in France because of how crap the league is. He can't play it here or rather won't because he has little work ethic. If he can why have multiple Newcastle managers and now Pochettino not done it? As for his time for France you would think if he really was just being shoehorned they would've played someone else there cause he's not getting in ahead of Kante Pogba and Matuidi. I bring up his Euros because it's when the media started to talk about him except for a few stories about where he was going after Newcastle got relegated, you seem to reference it only as an attempt to show you watched it? Or something?

Off topic...im guessing youre an American. Because surely you mean to say "I couldnt give a crap"....If you "could give a crap" it doesnt make any sense.

Oh and i pretty much agree with your post.

I could give a crap if you watch for a living and the patronizing has been from both us in this tete a tete so don't throw rocks then hide your hands. Have you ever stopped to consider that how we are working a DoF system might be different to others ways of using it? Obviously not. He played in the middle in France because of how crap the league is. He can't play it here or rather won't because he has little work ethic. If he can why have multiple Newcastle managers and now Pochettino not done it? As for his time for France you would think if he really was just being shoehorned they would've played someone else there cause he's not getting in ahead of Kante Pogba and Matuidi. I bring up his Euros because it's when the media started to talk about him except for a few stories about where he was going after Newcastle got relegated, you seem to reference it only as an attempt to show you watched it? Or something?

Look, I have said plenty of times that I'm not devastated we missed out on him.

My point is that you cant' say 'he'd have been crap for Everton' just because he hasn't impressed at Spurs.

It's utterly hypothetical.

I personally think Sissoko would have added more to our side in last night's game than Barry or Barkley or Valencia did...

Walsh had four weeks in the job as of the when the window shut.

Williams has been our best defender. He had one bad game vs Watford. Bolasie has been our main creative outlet - rightly or wrongly. He's already proving a miss.

Stek won us some games, cost us others. Was brought in as a second choice and it's a disgrace we didn't go out and get another keeper in.

I rated williams and was ok that we signed him BUT he has hardly been a leader or standout and i actually remember posting that alot of swansea fans were saying he had dipped last season...

Bolasie...mate give it up lol

It really isn't mate, it's a horrible side devoid of any real quality except Lukaku who is so lazy he'll never reach his full potential. Everyone else is either garbage or bang average, even lads like Barkley are wildly overrated. This side has finished 11th for two seasons running now and everyone thought they under achieved, well we as a club might of under achieved but in reality it's an achievement for this squad because that's they're real level. They're a piss poor side, slightly better then relegation fodder but not even good enough to be the better side of mid table mediocrity.
Squad needs strengthening no doubts there....

Arsenal and the RS will be top 4 this season, and could contest the title. We beat the first, and lost to the second on a 94th minute goal after the players had run their balloches off all night. From this, you conclude that this 'team' could sink like a stone in the next few weeks?

That's a strange extrapolation, IMHO, from what has happened. I see things differently - starting with the late equalizer against Utd, the team has finally found some backbone and will start to consolidate around our current position and come out of this appalling run we've been on. I wish I could say we would go on the march up the table, but we obv don't have the players for that. Still, once the fume clears from being done by the RS at the death last night, I think we'll see things in a better light.

Arsenal were the better team on the night and would of won if they had taken their chances and we were second best last night, it's easy to run your ollies off at home against the bigger teams while you've got the crowd behind you but it will only take you so far if you have no ideas,
the next two games the home teams will have the crowd behind them and they'll be running their ollies off, will we have an answer to that ? i doubt it, 2 wins in 12 matches doesn't fill me with much confidence.
What is it in this guy that you've seen that he's the one to take us forward ?

Off topic...im guessing youre an American. Because surely you mean to say "I couldnt give a crap"....If you "could give a crap" it doesnt make any sense.

Oh and i pretty much agree with your post.

See Zat, I know we've had this chat before, but I'm not saying Sissoko would be winning us the league or anything.

My point is that based on how Koeman wants us to play, he'd probably have fit the mould quite well.

Hopefully we get signings in that Walsh and Koeman have both identified and it helps improve us.

This club has never used a DoF model before so, as @VentureBrosEFC rightly says, we can't be sure exactly how it will work.

We also need to give it more than 5 weeks of a window to work, though.

Arsenal were the better team on the night and would of won if they had taken their chances and we were second best last night, it's easy to run your ollies off at home against the bigger teams while you've got the crowd behind you but it will only take you so far if you have no ideas,
the next two games the home teams will have the crowd behind them and they'll be running their ollies off, will we have an answer to that ? i doubt it, 2 wins in 12 matches doesn't fill me with much confidence.
What is it in this guy that you've seen that he's the one to take us forward ?

No they weren't. At all.

For 70 minutes we were far the better side. Revisionism at its finest because we lost the game after (in which we were again, far the better side for 45 minutes up until Macca's knock).

But yeh, we're on an awful run

He was forced to make a goalkeeping change with only ONE option.

He was NOT forced to play Barry or then play CL miles out of position

Who would you have played Zat? Clevs?

Davies wasn't judged ready. We can't comment to that as we haven't watched him enough.

I've heard good things from the people who have. I don't know why Koeman isn't using him, but he isn't.

My point is that you cant' say 'he'd have been crap for Everton' just because he hasn't impressed at Spurs.

I personally think Sissoko would have added more to our side in last night's game than Barry or Barkley or Valencia did...

....I think it's a fair point you make. RK clearly wanted his type of player, he might've fitted better with what the manager is trying to achieve. My only doubt would be that he appeared a last minute choice but I think it's fair to say we might have one or two similar players going forward.

No they weren't. At all.

For 70 minutes we were far the better side. Revisionism at its finest because we lost the game after (in which we were again, far the better side for 45 minutes up until Macca's knock).

But yeh, we're on an awful run

What a load of tosh, we had a couple of 10 minute spells against Arsenal and last night after 25 minutes we were rubbish.

And I return to an original point of mine it's hardly an achievement offering more than that group of players. I'd prefer we didn't spend 30m on players who get relegated with the added caveat of the fact he didn't hardly give any effort to their campaign.

No no I'm crapping on his attempt to sound superior saying he is a professional football watcher

Thanks for the help though grammar police :dodgy:

Erm, I wasn't. I was just saying that I have a decent knowledge of the game as well so don't try and mug me off like I don't know anything.

I hope my comment didn't come across as me doing the same to you, if so I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back