Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I return to an original point of mine it's hardly an achievement offering more than that group of players. I'd prefer we didn't spend 30m on players who get relegated with the added caveat of the fact he didn't hardly give any effort to their campaign.

Liverpool spent £30mil on Wijnaldum mate...

Strengthening?! It needs an axe taken to it! I'd get rid of nearly the lot. There's only one or two players I'd keep here long-term. The rest of the pathetic losers can get lost.
In the real world that doesn't happen, you need to use what you have and make it work
We have a back Four that are all internationals (Baines maybe now retired)
We have CF who can get us 20+ goals
We have 2 DM who can give us security in midfield
We have Bolasie who is the managers signing so we have to trust that signing
We have Barkley who we all know is a player we should encourage and stick with

As I said strengthening is a must but we don't need to tear the squad apart

Also playing the style we play, won't entice the players we want to see at our club

....I think it's a fair point you make. RK clearly wanted his type of player, he might've fitted better with what the manager is trying to achieve. My only doubt would be that he appeared a last minute choice but I think it's fair to say we might have one or two similar players going forward.

Koeman did say we approached Sissoko two-three weeks before the window closed.

Whatever, it didn't work out.

I haven't lost any sleep over it. But at the same time we'll never know so we can't say one way or the other.

In the real world that doesn't happen, you need to use what you have and make it work
We have a back Four that are all internationals (Baines maybe now retired)
We have CF who can get us 20+ goals
We have 2 DM who can give us security in midfield
We have Bolasie who is the managers signing so we have to trust that signing
We have Barkley who we all know is a player we should encourage and stick with

As I said strengthening is a must but we don't need to tear the squad apart

Also playing the style we play, won't entice the players we want to see at our club
We do though mate, we really do. I'm not saying it can be done overnight or anything it could take a couple of years but practically the entire squad needs binning asap. Of course there will be one or two exceptions who I'd keep around or persevere with but the vast majority have had enough chances. I don't care if it takes all three years of Koemans contact to get rid of them. They're mentality weak and don't care a fig about the club or the fans. All I want is a team prepared to fight for the cause but what we've got is a team full of posers who probably spend more time fixing their heir then they do training.

Yes but he worked hard for them and produced in a relegation season. Sissoko half jogged the entire season and didn't produce.

Then why did Spurs (who don't have a DoF in place so it must've been the manager) sign him?

I'm not saying he impressed me last year, no where near enough, but two recently successful managers both saw fit to move for him.

Erm, I wasn't. I was just saying that I have a decent knowledge of the game as well so don't try and mug me off like I don't know anything.

I hope my comment didn't come across as me doing the same to you, if so I apologise.
I understand and please do me the same for me that nerves are a bit frayed after yesterday apologies if I came across too hostile.

Well Poch signed him to be rotational option and we were desperate in my opinion.

And I think based on what we've seen from every midfielder bar Gueye and (in the last few games) McCarthy (who now appears injury prone) that desperation may have been justified...

Anyway. Big window ahead. It's up to Koeman to have sorted his squad and get better out of the players we have, and hopefully Walsh has got his ducks in a row in getting players in who fit how Koeman wants to play.

Then it's down to the club to back them.

Yes but he worked hard for them and produced in a relegation season. Sissoko half jogged the entire season and didn't produce.
Not really mate, the Newcastle fans slated him for going missing constantly, he only scored goals at home against other turd teams and didn't work hard for the team

And I think based on what we've seen from every midfielder bar Gueye and (in the last few games) McCarthy (who now appears injury prone) that desperation may have been justified...

Anyway. Big window ahead. It's up to Koeman to have sorted his squad and get better out of the players we have, and hopefully Walsh has got his ducks in a row in getting players in who fit how Koeman wants to play.

Then it's down to the club to back them.
You could be right as we look desperate for inspiration from some place but I'd rather sacrifice a few points here and there to avoid signing a player with a huge fee and presumably large wages that I feel will never have the consistent work ethic to influence games.

Really hope we're not waiting the whole window for developments.

Not really mate, the Newcastle fans slated him for going missing constantly, he only scored goals at home against other turd teams and didn't work hard for the team
True this. Lad from work goes up to Newcastle every week as a ST holder. Despised Sissoko for his lack of effort.

frog-gif-Favim.com-2374868.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back