Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just not rooted in reality and is actually contradictory to other things that you have said. Since Bolasie has been missing we have won one of our three games in the prior eight games when Bolasie was playing we had won one. You have stated that we played well against Arsenal and in the first half against the RS. So which is it? Have we played better in the presence or absence of Bolasie?

We have played well, but have lacked the cutting edge in the final third to create chances.

For all of Bolasie's faults, he created chances.

Genuinely, think back to the first half-an-hour yesterday.

Had Bolasie got on the ball in the positions that Valencia, Lennon or even Ross did, I can guarantee you we would have created more than one effort on goal.

Yea but they're Newcastle fans (sorry couldn't resist).

When I watched him he seemed to give all one could be expected to but if they feel he didn't and it's not an assessment born out of frustration and sour grapes with the way their season went and him leaving then I'll bow to their superior knowledge.

Wijnaldum was absolutely hated by the barcodes mate, never turned up away from home, and went missing soon as it got tough.

How do you explain last year and the one before then? We were just as crap then and had a very different system under El Fraudo.
As I have said we need strengthening, but we have I believe 6 or 7 players who are capable of being in the starting 11.
Don't forget over 25% of the team last night were RK signings, are they part of your cull

I am not completely disagreeing with you, but my belief is strengthen the squad that is all we need
Last night was a joke but if honest Swansea was worse

We have played well, but have lacked the cutting edge in the final third to create chances.

Had Bolasie got on the ball in the positions that Valencia, Lennon or even Ross did, I can guarantee you we would have created more than one effort on goal.

At least you are admitting Bolasie has "faults", Toff.

That is progress ;)

For the record, a couple of aimless crosses into the box and wild, speculative shots from thirty five yards would not have equated to much more than we saw last night and, my friend, you are in no position to "guarantee" owt about what might have happened if Bolasie had played last night.

Though I accept his presence would at least have kept West Ham's third choice striker from staring that game last night :oops:

As I have said we need strengthening, but we have I believe 6 or 7 players who are capable of being in the starting 11.
Don't forget over 25% of the team last night were RK signings, are they part of your cull

I am not completely disagreeing with you, but my belief is strengthen the squad that is all we need
Yes you are right Stek, Gana, Valencia, Williams - that's 4 jokers right there all signed by the Dutch Fraud. If Bolasie was in that would have been 5 and almost half the team.

He didn't say whether or not we played better - he said he was our most creative outlet - and I think that is a fair and accurate comment.
That is a sad indictment of the club. That a guy who crosses randomly (most times aimlessly) in to the box is our main creative outlet. His main skill is running around a lot staring straight down at the floor.

I definitely agree with you that Swansea was a way worse performance then yesterday. Perhaps more players will stay around for longer but the core of this squad is rotten, our alleged leaders on the pitch who do hardly anything. I'm prepared to give the new lads a chance but the bulk of the old guard need to go otherwise we'll end up like Sunderland with a clique of players holding all the power over the club because they've been here for a long time. And just for the record no, the new lads wouldn't be part of the cull, they're the first step in the eventual replacement of the useless parasites that have infested this club.

Like all the people guaranteeing Sissoko would have been mince?

The performance at Southampton the other week takes some beating mate.

See Zat, I know we've had this chat before, but I'm not saying Sissoko would be winning us the league or anything.

My point is that based on how Koeman wants us to play, he'd probably have fit the mould quite well.

Hopefully we get signings in that Walsh and Koeman have both identified and it helps improve us.

This club has never used a DoF model before so, as @VentureBrosEFC rightly says, we can't be sure exactly how it will work.

We also need to give it more than 5 weeks of a window to work, though.

Poch has already questioned him hasnt he so imagine how bad hes doing there...

I definitely agree with you that Swansea was a way worse performance then yesterday. Perhaps more players will stay around for longer but the core of this squad is rotten, our alleged leaders on the pitch who do hardly anything. I'm prepared to give the new lads a chance but the bulk of the old guard need to go otherwise we'll end up like Sunderland with a clique of players holding all the power over the club because they've been here for a long time. And just for the record no, the new lads wouldn't be part of the cull, they're the first step in the eventual replacement of the useless parasites that have infested this club.
Of the new lads only one gives me any hope, the rest look mediocre at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back