Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had 4 assists already this season all to the striker. Plus a goal.

how many assists do lennon / Mirallas / Deoufeu all have combined?

When 90% of the play (or thereabouts) is directed to one player then obviously hes going to have more assists than someone who isnt hardly playing.

McGeady would probably have the same amount of assists.

the football he has served up so far is terrible I have seen no change in fitness and I go home after every game exhausted after clinging onto my seat. So Can someone please tell me what sort of style he trying to get us to play?

Maybe.

Except we've seen that Bolasie does actually make things happen.

The only people who don't admit that are people who had pre-conceived opinions that they wouldn't even change slightly (i'm not saying they were totally wrong - the lad is by no means world class) based on facts
So, if you base your predictions on a players performances over a period of years playing for Newcastle and Spurs and predict that you are likely to have seen a similar outcome your position is fundamentally flawed but predicting that in a single game a player who according to squawka has created 20 chances in 12 games would have definitely (a guarantee no less) created a chance in a derby match where very few chances were created by either side (including the leagues top scorers) is a more supportable position? Talk about arrogance.

even if I did - and I think he's ok - are you in a roundabout way trying to get Koeman off the hook for the signings?

Personally I don't think he's "on the hook", out of the ones you listed I would only count Valencia as a failure - sure he puts a shift in but he just isn't a very good footballer.

Gana is one of the finds of the season, Stek has done a solid job despite a couple of mistakes. Here we go again on GOT - a bad performance and we're back in doom and gloom mode. Be honest, was anyone expecting us to turn the rs over last night? Truthfully?

When 90% of the play (or thereabouts) is directed to one player then obviously hes going to have more assists than someone who isnt hardly playing.

McGeady would probably have the same amount of assists.
except the other 3 wingers have less assists combined than the one we have lost. Even when they were on the pitch doing the exact same job.

Combined with the 0 goals combined for our 3 (now 4) back up strikers means thinking anyone there can do a different result than the players you criticise is a bit short sighted. all the players have played this season, none of them have been as effective or productive as Bolasie, ergo he is our best winger at the club.

4b9ded6e6facaea3fa460ffd697b4c27.gif

So, if you base your predictions on a players performances over a period of years playing for Newcastle and Spurs and predict that you are likely to have seen a similar outcome your position is fundamentally flawed but predicting that in a single game a player who according to squawka has created 20 chances in 12 games would have definitely (a guarantee no less) created a chance in a derby match where very few chances were created by either side (including the leagues top scorers) is a more supportable position? Talk about arrogance.

No, they're both hypothetical, clearly.

I actually said I think he'd have guaranteed more chances than Lennon or Valencia given the positions they got in in the first half an hour (e.g. on the edge of the area).

I don't think that's too much of a stretch.

My point with Sissoko was that people are writing him off but without taking into account the system that Koeman wants to play may have suited him better than it did at Newcastle or does at Spurs. Then again it may not have done.

We'll never know.

except the other 3 wingers have less assists combined than the one we have lost. Even when they were on the pitch doing the exact same job.

Combined with the 0 goals combined for our 3 (now 4) back up strikers means thinking anyone there can do a different result than the players you criticise is a bit short sighted. all the players have played this season, none of them have been as effective or productive as Bolasie, ergo he is our best winger at the club.

Which one of those players has had the same role as bolasie?

even if I did - and I think he's ok - are you in a roundabout way trying to get Koeman off the hook for the signings?
No. Stek was an improvement on Robles. Williams is a top class CB and therefore an improvement on Stones. Valencia I was initially hostile to, but the last couple of games have suggested I was wrong. Bolasie was not as effective as I hoped but he was still our best provider and was out before half a season. Gana is a major success who, I hope, we will build a future team around.
So far better than the last fellah at least.

Personally I don't think he's "on the hook", out of the ones you listed I would only count Valencia as a failure - sure he puts a shift in but he just isn't a very good footballer.

Gana is one of the finds of the season, Stek has done a solid job despite a couple of mistakes. Here we go again on GOT - a bad performance and we're back in doom and gloom mode. Be honest, was anyone expecting us to turn the rs over last night? Truthfully?

To be fair its not down to one bad performance is it?

We have looked rubbish all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back