Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Koeman should give Coleman and Holgate a run on the right together. Coleman has done more from the RB position than any of our wingers have which is sad because Coleman doesn't get nearly as much attacking time as he used to. Put him on the wing and see what he can do- from what I've seen Holgate can hold down the RB position comfortably. He doesn't look out of place at all.

i'll give you we were better than we have been for most of the last 12 games but that wasn't hard to do,

What is it you're seeing in this guy that i'm not ?

I'm seeing somebody who is the antithesis of Martinez, which is what we needed - to an extent.

I am seeing somebody who got the best out of Southampton and consecutively set their record highest finishes of 7th and 6th and record points total (God I sound like Dave).

But, I also see a person who is making mistakes but has been left with a squad full of mediocre players all capable of playing the same role.

Not really mate, the Newcastle fans slated him for going missing constantly, he only scored goals at home against other turd teams and didn't work hard for the team
Yea but they're Newcastle fans (sorry couldn't resist).

When I watched him he seemed to give all one could be expected to but if they feel he didn't and it's not an assessment born out of frustration and sour grapes with the way their season went and him leaving then I'll bow to their superior knowledge.

This is on Moshiri I'm afraid. Doesn't really understand the game, so went with the biggest name he could find and turned him effectively into a mercenary (which he probably already was anyway) I've said it before I put Koeman amongst the likes of Witsel, Brahimi and Carvalho in the money grabbing stakes.

A fraudster and the sooner we get shot the better.

We do though mate, we really do. I'm not saying it can be done overnight or anything it could take a couple of years but practically the entire squad needs binning asap. Of course there will be one or two exceptions who I'd keep around or persevere with but the vast majority have had enough chances. I don't care if it takes all three years of Koemans contact to get rid of them. They're mentality weak and don't care a fig about the club or the fans. All I want is a team prepared to fight for the cause but what we've got is a team full of posers who probably spend more time fixing their heir then they do training.

We have the fight we have shown that against Arsenal and Liverpool, maybe the problem is deeper than the players.
It could the tactics are awful and that outdated we will struggle until they are changed

Walsh had four weeks in the job as of the when the window shut.

Williams has been our best defender. He had one bad game vs Watford. Bolasie has been our main creative outlet - rightly or wrongly. He's already proving a miss.

Stek won us some games, cost us others. Was brought in as a second choice and it's a disgrace we didn't go out and get another keeper in.
This is just not rooted in reality and is actually contradictory to other things that you have said. Since Bolasie has been missing we have won one of our three games in the prior eight games when Bolasie was playing we had won one. You have stated that we played well against Arsenal and in the first half against the RS. So which is it? Have we played better in the presence or absence of Bolasie?

This is on Moshiri I'm afraid. Doesn't really understand the game, so went with the biggest name he could find and turned him effectively into a mercenary (which he probably already was anyway) I've said it before I put Koeman amongst the likes of Witsel, Brahimi and Carvalho in the money grabbing stakes.

A fraudster and the sooner we get shot the better.

Didn't they all stay put rather than come and play for us where they would likely be on more money?
Especially the latter 2?

This is just not rooted in reality and is actually contradictory to other things that you have said. Since Bolasie has been missing we have won one of our three games in the prior eight games when Bolasie was playing we had won one. You have stated that we played well against Arsenal and in the first half against the RS. So which is it? Have we played better in the presence or absence of Bolasie?
He didn't say whether or not we played better - he said he was our most creative outlet - and I think that is a fair and accurate comment.

Didn't they all stay put rather than come and play for us where they would likely be on more money?
Especially the latter 2?
Carvalho I heard wanted some huge wage which we weren't prepared to meet. I think Brahimi would have come, but his club wanted too much money? In fact I think he was close to downing tools there to get out?

We have the fight we have shown that against Arsenal and Liverpool, maybe the problem is deeper than the players.
It could the tactics are awful and that outdated we will struggle until they are changed
How do you explain last year and the one before then? We were just as crap then and had a very different system under El Fraudo. The team is like a mouse occasionally hitting out at a lion because it's upset. Taking one or two isolated performances from over three years doesn't show they have fight. It's also quite telling that what little fight they have shown have been in games this season under Koeman because I hardly ever saw us fight under Martinez.

Last edited:
Arsenal were the better team on the night and would of won if they had taken their chances and we were second best last night, it's easy to run your ollies off at home against the bigger teams while you've got the crowd behind you but it will only take you so far if you have no ideas,
the next two games the home teams will have the crowd behind them and they'll be running their ollies off, will we have an answer to that ? i doubt it, 2 wins in 12 matches doesn't fill me with much confidence.
What is it in this guy that you've seen that he's the one to take us forward ?
This just seems perversely negative - I mean I get where you're coming from as we've had a dreadful run so it's easy to be pessimistic, but let's not distort things to be miserable for the sake of it. We have an awful record against Arsenal and we beat them straight up, no way was that a robbery or us riding our luck - what is all this hypothetical if they'd taken their chances stuff? They didn't, we did, that's how football has worked forever.

A draw last night would have been a massive escape, tbh, as we were played off the park second half. But the Stek / Joel weren't that busy, we overmatched them first half, and facts are we went into the 94th minute level until disaster struck. I don't see the need to try and extract maximum negativity from those two games when it seems like, on balance, the positives are far more clear and obvious.

I'm open-minded on Koeman and his giant casey head at this point in time. We've had a self-serving con man in charge at Goodison for the past three years who neglected the fundamentals. The roof's leaking, the boilers fked, and the local scals have stolen our couch - how can anyone put that right in half a season? Can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back