Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going long enough to have witnessed many far, far more dispiriting second halves. Off the top of my head the second half of the Keeley derby was worse , although we did have some fun with our lovable neighbours in the paddock to be fair.

Well Eggy, we all have our demonic days and for me the most recent one is always the one which leaves the greatest impression :mad:

Re the Keeley, the damage was done by half time.....wasn't it 4-0 or sommat and us with a man short?

But stone me, we were well in that game at half time last night......we were ahead on points.

Where the heck did that second half performance come from :pint2:

http://www.football-oranje.com/koeman-will-take-time-get-everton-fighting-trophies/

Everton manager Ronald Koeman spoke to NOS after his team’s 1-0 defeat in the derby against Liverpool on Monday night.
Koeman stated his belief that he has the full backing of the board and that all the people inside the club are aware that the project to get Everton fighting for trophies again is for the long term and that it will take time .

He said, ”We worked so hard during the game to get something out of the game. Sometimes you get the luck and sometimes not and it was a shame not to get it in such a big game against our city rivals.

”We had to sub James McCarthy at half time and Maarten Stekelenburg got injured during the second half and when you sub a goalkeeper you are then limited in the changes you can make for the remainder of the game.

”We know that due to the people we have inside the club that this is a project which is for the long term and it does not mean that you are fighting for trophies withing 6 months of arriving at a new club.

”We need to invest not only in January but also in the next summer transfer window. I believe that the club are aware of this and that I will receive the time. But it is not easy to get time within football these days.”

Sounds like Moshiri is aware we need a clear out too, the next 2 windows in particular are so important.

http://www.football-oranje.com/koeman-will-take-time-get-everton-fighting-trophies/

Everton manager Ronald Koeman spoke to NOS after his team’s 1-0 defeat in the derby against Liverpool on Monday night.
Koeman stated his belief that he has the full backing of the board and that all the people inside the club are aware that the project to get Everton fighting for trophies again is for the long term and that it will take time .

He said, ”We worked so hard during the game to get something out of the game. Sometimes you get the luck and sometimes not and it was a shame not to get it in such a big game against our city rivals.

”We had to sub James McCarthy at half time and Maarten Stekelenburg got injured during the second half and when you sub a goalkeeper you are then limited in the changes you can make for the remainder of the game.

”We know that due to the people we have inside the club that this is a project which is for the long term and it does not mean that you are fighting for trophies withing 6 months of arriving at a new club.

”We need to invest not only in January but also in the next summer transfer window. I believe that the club are aware of this and that I will receive the time. But it is not easy to get time within football these days.”

Sounds like Moshiri is aware we need a clear out too, the next 2 windows in particular are so important.

What he says is true and only fair, he needs time to clean up the mess that Martinez left him with. He is lucky as he will have at least two transfer windows to do this- it took Moyes years to revamp the squad due to limited resources. Expectations have increased, we just need to be patient.

But its gonna take money
A whole lotta spending money
Its gonna take plenty of money
To do it right child

Its gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
Its gonna take patience and time, um
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,
To do it right child

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you

koeman
stated his belief that he has the full backing of the board and that all the people inside the club are aware that the project to get Everton fighting for trophies again is for the long term and that it will take time .

That sounds ominous :blush:

Sack.

Absolute hire if you'd highlighted the whole paragraph.

There's clowns in the club.

I'm joking.

Albeit maybe not obvious due to my bad bad kneejerking.

He sounds under a little pressure tho which is no bad thing. But he'll get the time and hopefully the money that he needs. Just want a little bit more from him personally.

I'm joking.

He sounds under a little pressure tho which is no bad thing. But he'll get the time and hopefully the money that he needs. Just want a little bit more from him personally.

I am genuinly concerned about letting him loose with a huge transfer kitty, Tim.

I'm joking.

I know your kidding mate.

And defo he is under pressure. But he should be under any circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back