Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He signed Forster, Pelle, Van Dijk, Bertrand, Tadic and Mane at Southampton as well as taking Alderwiereld on loan who turned into a fantastic loan deal.

I dont have a problem with his signings but now with the committee, they may not be Koemans. It may be a case of do we trust Walsh with a huge transfer kitty.

And you are right to be concerned.

Especially as the first two names on his wish list appear to be straight out of the Moyes guide book......sign Manchester United rejects :drunk:

The boy Schneids is what we need.

Depay I've no idea genuinely. Player in there obviously, but who knows how to get it out.

I believe, rightly or wrongly, that if he's given the money, and the board and Walsh do their jobs, that Koeman will do well in the window.

Well I guess it's good to be going into a window supposedly with money rather than none at all.

We need 3 or 4 in but boy do they need to hit the ground running.

The here and now concerns me. There is a lot of points to be played for between now and January 31 and that's where the main focus should be.

He signed Forster, Pelle, Van Dijk, Bertrand, Tadic and Mane at Southampton as well as taking Alderwiereld on loan who turned into a fantastic loan deal.

I dont have a problem with his signings but now with the committee, they may not be Koemans. It may be a case of do we trust Walsh with a huge transfer kitty.

I posed this question earlier.

Is Walsh's reputation based soley on Leicester's freak season?

Was it Walsh's signings which had Leicester rock bottom of the EPL at the beginning of last year?

What was his role at Chelsea....was he involved in their signings?

I genuinely know bugger all about the bloke except he is Blackpool Mickey Walsh's brother.

Evertonians knee-jerking......well I never!

We won't be happy till we've ruined Barkley, got rid of a goal scorer and binned off the new manager..

Everton that.
You tell 'em. Bobby is just waiting for his Kevin Brock moment, and the glory days will be back.

I posed this question earlier.

Is Walsh's reputation based soley on Leicester's freak season?

Was it Walsh's signings which had Leicester rock bottom of the EPL at the beginning of last year?

What was his role at Chelsea....was he involved in their signings?

I genuinely know bugger all about the bloke except he is Blackpool Mickey Walsh's brother.

Zola and Drogba.

Not bad.

Well Eggy, we all have our demonic days and for me the most recent one is always the one which leaves the greatest impression :mad:

Re the Keeley, the damage was done by half time.....wasn't it 4-0 or sommat and us with a man short?

But stone me, we were well in that game at half time last night......we were ahead on points.

Where the heck did that second half performance come from :pint2:
For me the loss of McCarthy and replacement with the lumbering Barry ,who contributed very little to game that utterly passed him by, was the turning point. I would have preferred the option of Davies on the bench. That is a mistake I do lay at his door. That and Barkley becoming more useless as the game went on.

He sounds under a little pressure tho which is no bad thing. But he'll get the time and hopefully the money that he needs. Just want a little bit more from him personally.

Pure conjecture here but I think the only pressure on Koeman right now is from the boo boys and maybe some pundits. My impression of Moshiri is he doesn't accept failure but at least puts the blame in the proper place. Now, if we have a couple good windows and we're still here in 12 months, completely different story. Then it will be the manager's failure, not the inept CEO and chairman who surely will see the door as soon as Moshiri exercises his options.

We cant because of FFP can we?

I suppose we could sell everyone and start again...

Letting Barry go will have made money available on the wage bill. He needs to go sooner than later so surely bringing someone in to bed them in for a long term project is better than having him about.

Getting rid of most of the deadwood would help free up funds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back