Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not having any of this "it's not his fault the squad can't play as he wants"

The squad is definitely more than capable of performing much better than it currently is.

He isn't using the players to their strengths.

I genuine think that Koeman is as much to blame for our recent poor performances.

Deiffernece between good players and bad players if you ask me. They couldn't do it for the full game.

No team can. You do the work rate to get the ball and work with it. We do it just to stop the opposition.

Well, one manager is all "aggression, aggression, hoof" Players do it.

The other saw what we do, set up and stuck with a game plan. Won.

Yes I would.

How bad would it look if he left so soon? Would mean something is very wrong.

Then who would want to come in and replace him? Nobody.

Same if he was to be sacked so soon.

Both unlikely scenarios but both would be very very worrying.

Well, you say you have a "gut feeling" that he could walk at any time so that in itself must worry you.

this whole Koeman "project" feels ephemeral to me which is why I, like many on here, don't see Koeman being here for any great length of time.

Regarding replacements, a job paying £6 million per year will not be short of applicants of at the very least equal ability to Koeman.

Yeah he basically said they'll come out first half and run round and second half they wouldn't be able to maintain it. Pretty much what happened.

Except we would have done if we'd been able to keep 11 men out for the second half. Gareth Barry coming on was the sole reason we got overrun and were crap in the second half, no matter how much Klopp tried to claim it was due to his genius tactics, it just wasn't.

Well, you say you have a "gut feeling" that he could walk at any time so that in itself must worry you.

this whole Koeman "project" feels ephemeral to me which is why I, like many on here, don't see Koeman being here for any great length of time.

Regarding replacements, a job paying £6 million per year will not be short of applicants of at the very least equal ability to Koeman.

It's very very early days for the whole regime.

My gut feeling is based on absolutely nothing and I'm sure there's nothing in it.

As a fan base, me included, we need to show patience. Something we aren't very good at. And certainly not expect miracles so soon.

Even though it's Christmas.

It's very very early days for the whole regime.

My gut feeling is based on absolutely nothing and I'm sure there's nothing in it.

As a fan base, me included, we need to show patience. Something we aren't very good at. And certainly not expect miracles so soon.

Even though it's Christmas.

But no one expects miracles.

Just a few shots on target to get us out of our seats on a cold winter's night would keep most of us enthused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back