Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a puzzle to me. I can sort of live with the three year plan and off he goes IF in that time he proves to be a good manager who attracts good players to the club whether it is by cheque book or managerial acumen by him or Walsh. Ideally I would like someone in it for the longer haul but we are trying something different. My main issue is whether the lack of a style of play and an apparent lack of interest in getting the players to get the ball down and play a bit is a short term problem because he does not fancy the current crop or believe they can play other than what they are doing now, or whether it is a more fundamental belief in launching the ball from the back for a lone forward to win flicks for the three behind to somehow pick up. If it is the latter I will be very disappointed and expect no progress in the near future. If we had a combination of Big Dunc, Andy Gray and Graeme Sharp up front ok, but not Lukaku.

He is a puzzle to me. I can sort of live with the three year plan and off he goes IF in that time he proves to be a good manager who attracts good players to the club whether it is by cheque book or managerial acumen by him or Walsh. Ideally I would like someone in it for the longer haul but we are trying something different. My main issue is whether the lack of a style of play and an apparent lack of interest in getting the players to get the ball down and play a bit is a short term problem because he does not fancy the current crop or believe they can play other than what they are doing now, or whether it is a more fundamental belief in launching the ball from the back for a lone forward to win flicks for the three behind to somehow pick up. If it is the latter I will be very disappointed and expect no progress in the near future. If we had a combination of Big Dunc, Andy Gray and Graeme Sharp up front ok, but not Lukaku.
Basically it's not his team, he's biding his time until he can get his players in, then hopefully he'll fully commit to the team. I still think he feels let down by what happened in the summer, so hopefully fences can be mended in the January window and we can move forward together.

Basically it's not his team, he's biding his time until he can get his players in, then hopefully he'll fully commit to the team. I still think he feels let down by what happened in the summer, so hopefully fences can be mended in the January window and we can move forward together.

Was he let down in the summer? Or did he go for players we couldn't get or wanted too much money?

Was he let down in the summer? Or did he go for players we couldn't get or wanted too much money?
He was signed with promises of an overhaul and lots of money spent and then we spent less than we sold players for. Not neccesarily anyone's fault but still a let-down for Koeman.

I would have hoped.....nay demanded....he was fully committed to the team from day one, no matter what players he had to work with.

I would sure hate to think all this apparent disinterest was due to him having a four month sulk on account of he didn't get what his Uncle Mo promised him.

Really don't think we can get a true measure of him until he has the opportunity to bring in his own players. I can't believe he opted for us over Southampton unless he was promised a transfer budget, I will reserve full judgement until the start of next season.
I did think he was a good move but doubts are creeping in particularly in regard to his selections.
But to give you the measure of my judgment; I thought Martinez was going to be brilliant.

Not going to fully judgen him until next season when he has his own players in.

He has inherited a squad that is completely opposite type of player that he wants his team to be.

It'll take time there is good points and bad points to him but I'm reserving it until he has the players to suit his system.

Yes I would.

How bad would it look if he left so soon? Would mean something is very wrong.

Then who would want to come in and replace him? Nobody.

Same if he was to be sacked so soon.

Both unlikely scenarios but both would be very very worrying.
Eddie Howe Ijjy, the peoples champion.

Got a bad vibe about him as he's only come to us for the money, Southampton have not missed him either!
Mate managers only go to places for the money thats the modern game. If you don't like koeman for it you won't like anyone else then. Football isn't about fairy tales anymore its about business. He has come here to improve us and to improve his own reputation at the same time. Its to benefit both parties that he and us do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back