Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bad vibe about him as he's only come to us for the money, Southampton have not missed him either!

Problem is mate, for arguments sake do you reckon mourinhio would have came here for a giant challenge or just to have an incoming wage until PSG or someone came in for him?

If we want a better manager than we have done for like 30 years now then they are here for the money only. i don't think many managers want challenges anymore at our level. you either prove yourself at the top or prove yourself by staying up. Mid table isnt here nor there tbh, unless you are promised money, ala us.

Yes I would.

How bad would it look if he left so soon? Would mean something is very wrong.

Then who would want to come in and replace him? Nobody.

Same if he was to be sacked so soon.

Both unlikely scenarios but both would be very very worrying.

To say that nobody would want to manage a Premier League Club is a load of nonsense mate, come on.

He did a cracking job at Soton, having to rebuild most of the first team after the RS bought most of it.

They were many peoples tip for relegation that season, and he got them to 7th.

The guy is a good manager, this isn't his team, he needs time to put together a side that is capable of playing the high press, high energy game he wants to play. Klopp took most of last season and then the summer window to put his side together and get them fit enough to play how he wanted them to. Now look at the beauts.

Not exactly what I mean mate.

Say we sacked Koeman after these 6 months where we've been bad. But not Villa bad.

Other managers may look at us and be like 'not going there. They don't give anyone a chance'.

I think if you look on our record, sacking someone this early(not going to happen I know) is an exception we are very patient. Sometimes it's just not a good fit.

RK cost us a fortune in compensation and wages he never ever stays at a club for more than two years thats is record he inherited a good side at Southampton- for me Pallergrini was the best choice no ties wins the Prem that was the obvious appointment IMO -
I have not seen a performance yet over 90 minutes that bettered Unsworth and Royles last game of last season where they played two youngsters who impressed don't say it was Norwich a relegation team as they came here this season and beat us soundly -
The jury's still out the contract extension of two older players particularly Barry on top wages suggest we have no transfer war chest the players he signed one good signing out of three particular the goal keeper who IMO has dodgy knees and was a flop at Fulham what kind of statement is that?
2 wins in the last 12 is as bad if not worse than RM IMO!
I would like to know the cost of how much he and our background staff have cost us , and the new DOF and 2 assistants ?
This is not the Everton way the lack of youth in midfield RB has gone backwards under RK our midfield is pedestrian at best no creativity our under 23s top the league does RK view these games??
Cleverly is not good enough to be on the bench yet he puts him there instead of Tom Davis sorry IMO RK has a lot to prove yet!

Blerto filled the side with yes men and jellyfish. Anyone with an opinion was excommunicated i.e Distin, Pienaar, Eto'o, Big Dunc etc etc. Man did hella damage that Ron needs time to undo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back