Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronky will clear the decks and rebuild us. The football of lately has been non-existent and has caused a mini meltdown in my beautiful mind, but ok thats football.

I have faith in the beautiful dutch man-baby

He is a puzzle to me. I can sort of live with the three year plan and off he goes IF in that time he proves to be a good manager who attracts good players to the club whether it is by cheque book or managerial acumen by him or Walsh. Ideally I would like someone in it for the longer haul but we are trying something different. My main issue is whether the lack of a style of play and an apparent lack of interest in getting the players to get the ball down and play a bit is a short term problem because he does not fancy the current crop or believe they can play other than what they are doing now, or whether it is a more fundamental belief in launching the ball from the back for a lone forward to win flicks for the three behind to somehow pick up. If it is the latter I will be very disappointed and expect no progress in the near future. If we had a combination of Big Dunc, Andy Gray and Graeme Sharp up front ok, but not Lukaku.

TBF I have no serious issue with him wanting to play a more direct physical game as I believe it has its merits - remember it was under Royle's dogs that we won our last trophy - but the facts are we haven't got the players for it. Bolasie was one step along that road but now he's injured - you cannot go out and bring in 5/6 powerful physical players in January and ship out a further 5/6 at the same time. He needs to be getting more out of what we do have at the minute not throwing his hands up in the air and downing tools as he appears to be doing until the entire squad is replaced.

Basically it's not his team, he's biding his time until he can get his players in, then hopefully he'll fully commit to the team. I still think he feels let down by what happened in the summer, so hopefully fences can be mended in the January window and we can move forward together.
Fair enough mate but I have to say as very highly paid manager he is supposed to drag every ounce from every resource at his disposal from day one........

he inherited a good side there imo never improved it really did he?
they will finish higher than us this season unless we spend a fortune in January imo!
I stated the jurys still out which is a fair comment!

He did improve it though, Joey. They finished higher every season he was there, how can that not be improving?

Here he has inherited a squad that wasnt fit and hadnt been playing well for 18 months prior to his arrival, in the 6 months he has been here they haven't really performed much better than the previous 18 months, so surely the players need to be questioned much more than the manager.

I admit i expected much better, but players/teams dont go through two years of bad form, they're genuinely not good enough and Koeman has a bigger job on his hands than anyone expected.

How to become like Villa in 5 easy steps:
- sack manager
- hire a new one
- wait 6 months
- throw toys out of the pram
- repeat

Have some patience lids.

Or could do a Newcastle and wait until it's too late to replace a failing manager and get relegated.

I don't think people want him sacked tbh, but we have to improve, both results and our abysmal style of play, and we have to do so in the next 8-10 games, or we'll be looking at a relegation scrap. And our current bunch are absolutely not cut out for that.

He did improve it though, Joey. They finished higher every season he was there, how can that not be improving?

Here he has inherited a squad that wasnt fit and hadnt been playing well for 18 months prior to his arrival, in the 6 months he has been here they haven't really performed much better than the previous 18 months, so surely the players need to be questioned much more than the manager.

I admit i expected much better, but players/teams dont go through two years of bad form, they're genuinely not good enough and Koeman has a bigger job on his hands than anyone expected.
he is in the results business time will tell - we did end up with a net plus on our summer transfers with the stones sales I think we have paid a fortune on backroom staff imo!
we were promised a 100 million transfer budget - that seems to have gone on the backroom staff compensation, and debt clearing imo it was a poor transfer window tbf - its just his team selections the hoof it tactics etc etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back