Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the teams that actually are in a relegation scrap? This squad is crap but based on what's out there this year, they aren't nearly crap enough to get relegated.
250-1 available on us to go down, cant see that happening - but look at the abuse Martinez got from the fans at the end of last season - and Koeman has none of the goodwill generated by a decent first season like Martinez had.

The first half against RS and the game against arsenal shown what we were capable of with gareth Barry out the side. No coincidence soon as he came on we went to pot sitting deep to compensate for his complete lack of pace and energy.

A top class CM partner to Idrissa (Schneiderlein) who has that energy to press along with hopefully a solid CB partner to Williams and a quality LW and back up striker and we will be miles better. The current side are dross.

Clubs like West Ham, Saints and Stoke have all seen major changes in personnel over the past 3 seasons whilst bar 3-4 we have the exact same ageing and underperformimg lot. Change is well needed and Moshiri needs to cough up £100 million to make it happen.

I think if Koeman was going to be a success I think we should have seen it from this side. His inability to get this team winning consistently does worry me..... I don't think we have worse players than Watford, Bournemouth, Southampton or even West Brom who sit above us in the table.

The first half against RS and the game against arsenal shown what we were capable of with gareth Barry out the side. No coincidence soon as he came on we went to pot sitting deep to compensate for his complete lack of pace and energy.

A top class CM partner to Idrissa (Schneiderlein) who has that energy to press along with hopefully a solid CB partner to Williams and a quality LW and back up striker and we will be miles better. The current side are dross.

Clubs like West Ham, Saints and Stoke have all seen major changes in personnel over the past 3 seasons whilst bar 3-4 we have the exact same ageing and underperformimg lot. Change is well needed and Moshiri needs to cough up £100 million to make it happen.
Where has this come from? I keep seeing people say it, but it's total rubbish. Once again, we started our last game with 4 players bought by this manager. We then brought another one later in the game, and would have started another one if Bolasie wasn't injured. People keep saying he needs his own players, but half of them are his players. They might not have been his first choices, but he'll have to get used to that here - just like 90% of managers in the league have to do.

The 'ageing' thing is a joke as well. You can't sign Stekelenburg and Williams, and give new contracts to Barry and Baines, and then moan that your teams too old. If we have an ageing squad a lot of that is on Koeman.

I've said before, I'm not anti-Koeman and I'm happy to give him plenty of time if he shows that he's going to use it well. I see a lot of similarities between this and the way people talked about Martinez though. I think it was clear where things were heading under Martinez about 18 months before we did anything about it, but loads of people insisted we gave him time. Now we have people saying there's no way Koeman can undo the incredible damage done by Martinez but we need to give him 3 years to try - seemingly blissfully unaware that it was giving the last manager time which they believe got us into this mess in the first place.

Where has this come from? I keep seeing people say it, but it's total rubbish. Once again, we started our last game with 4 players bought by this manager. We then brought another one later in the game, and would have started another one if Bolasie wasn't injured. People keep saying he needs his own players, but half of them are his players. They might not have been his first choices, but he'll have to get used to that here - just like 90% of managers in the league have to do.

The 'ageing' thing is a joke as well. You can't sign Stekelenburg and Williams, and give new contracts to Barry and Baines, and then moan that your teams too old. If we have an ageing squad a lot of that is on Koeman.

I've said before, I'm not anti-Koeman and I'm happy to give him plenty of time if he shows that he's going to use it well. I see a lot of similarities between this and the way people talked about Martinez though. I think it was clear where things were heading under Martinez about 18 months before we did anything about it, but loads of people insisted we gave him time. Now we have people saying there's no way Koeman can undo the incredible damage done by Martinez but we need to give him 3 years to try - seemingly blissfully unaware that it was giving the last manager time which they believe got us into this mess in the first place.

Jags and Baines are not what they used to be. Barry is 35 with no pace and Williams and is also no spring chicken. We've had no GK or playmaker for a while now either.

He will be got rid of if the results keep the same yes he will I have supported the blues since 1956 seen them come and go it's a results business Carey, and Harvey were sacked for being in higher league positions if you think 2 wins in 12 is satisfactory you are mistaken RK has to improve ?
We have so much deadwood player wise too!

Have I said that anywhere? Ever? Mate?

He did a cracking job at Soton, having to rebuild most of the first team after the RS bought most of it.

They were many peoples tip for relegation that season, and he got them to 7th.

The guy is a good manager, this isn't his team, he needs time to put together a side that is capable of playing the high press, high energy game he wants to play. Klopp took most of last season and then the summer window to put his side together and get them fit enough to play how he wanted them to. Now look at the beauts.
Soton spent a fortune replacing those players, and I suspect Ron Ron was not recruiting the players, merely coaching.

We're about 2 places or 2 points of where i'd expect us to sit. If we get a bit of form we could easily finish 7th come May. I wish we could sack some fans instead, that'd cheer me up.

Never said you did?
It's just a sad fact a record he holds at least Norwich beat us first at Goodison in a competitive match not the other lot what a half hit jammy shot that led to that winner cruel buts that's them all over!
Our brand of football has to change !

On he brand of football thing it not as clear as you and some others seem to make it.

As we've seen over the last couple of seasons we aren't very good at the passing game. This season it seems we aren't very good at the long ball.

Maybe we just aren't very good at football at all.

If we were winning with the long ball nobody would care at all.

On he brand of football thing it not as clear as you and some others seem to make it.

As we've seen over the last couple of seasons we aren't very good at the passing game. This season it seems we aren't very good at the long ball.

Maybe we just aren't very good at football at all.

If we were winning with the long ball nobody would care at all.
RMs first season the football was great best points tally in the Prem - I stated on here our poor keeper in Timmy and his perstence not to play or sign a decent back up keeper would be RMs downfall the points keeper errors playing a keeper two seasons past his best cost us many points we were a free scoring side defensively woeful now we struggle to score the defence is marginally better the keeper situation has not be rectified certain players get dropped others play crass an either play or are on the bench, time will tell - the only plus is a great midfielder signed from Villa,
Any manager is judged on results let's see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back