Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems like an utter balloon but I wouldn't sack him yet. If it's still grim at Christmas next year though...

That is my thinking.......assuming we are not dragged into a relegation scrap this season.

But is this slump continues unabated and we are perilously close to the relegation zone in the middle of March then I would want him gone.

He was allowed his 2nd season 11th due to his first season, he was sacked with us in 13th.

As I say, if in 18months time we sit in 13th, then I fully support sacking Koeman.
Which is fair enough most would think. A case COULD be made at the end of this season if he gets in players and we're still GOD awful, but any upward trajectory should equate more time.

I don't particularly like him and don't think he's as good a manager as our owner does so my opinion means little. But he deserves time unless we are mired in a dangerous position.

Martinez was sacked due to 18months of abject failure in the league.

If after 18 months theres no improvement regards the teams form then Koeman should be sacked.
I don't advocate sacking him. It would cost the club a fortune and I think every manager deserves a season barring a real threat of relegation.
My point is the objective evidence doesn't lie. He's been v poor thus far. He's spent around 35m strengthening the team ( Williams replaced Stones. The rest are additions.)
He keeps suggesting the team aren't good enough and the youth aren't ready. Translation - spend lots of money. (He has every right to demand it if that's what he was promised.)
The problem is he's not getting the most from the players he has so this might cause a bind for Mosh.
He shouldn't sack him but should he give him a lot more money, assuming it's there, when he's performing so poorly?
We all hope for a big spend, of course, but RK has yet to convince he'd make the most of it.

I think if Koeman was going to be a success I think we should have seen it from this side. His inability to get this team winning consistently does worry me..... I don't think we have worse players than Watford, Bournemouth, Southampton or even West Brom who sit above us in the table.

Errrm we aren't below Watford and Bournemouth mate, and west brom sit above us on goal difference (saints 1 point above), lets see how everyone finished after 38 games before panicking eh?

he is in the results business time will tell - we did end up with a net plus on our summer transfers with the stones sales I think we have paid a fortune on backroom staff imo!
we were promised a 100 million transfer budget - that seems to have gone on the backroom staff compensation, and debt clearing imo it was a poor transfer window tbf - its just his team selections the hoof it tactics etc etc!

Joey..we were NOT promised a £100 million transfer budget. Show me were this was PROMISED by anyone at Everton. Why would any owner/board come out and say how much was available to spend? Moshiri has said that some players were priced out of the market...and he was right because no one else bought them. Its enough to know that money is available if the right player becomes available and can be persuaded to join us. The amount available, we don't need to know.

I don't advocate sacking him. It would cost the club a fortune and I think every manager deserves a season barring a real threat of relegation.
My point is the objective evidence doesn't lie. He's been v poor thus far. He's spent around 35m strengthening the team ( Williams replaced Stones. The rest are additions.)
He keeps suggesting the team aren't good enough and the youth aren't ready. Translation - spend lots of money. (He has every right to demand it if that's what he was promised.)
The problem is he's not getting the most from the players he has so this might cause a bind for Mosh.
He shouldn't sack him but should he give him a lot more money, assuming it's there, when he's performing so poorly?
We all hope for a big spend, of course, but RK has yet to convince he'd make the most of it.

He wasnt backed in the Summer, im fairly sure he was promised some funds and The mosh has even come out and said "we" didnt get targets the manager asked for. Our form is utterly terrible, but we as a club have finished 11th, for 2 seasons on the run, it was never going to be fixed overnight. Our squad is full of very talented players, but it is also unbalanced and it also has a few turkeys in it.

We havent been utterly destroyed in any game this season bar Chelsea, we have competed, to a degree, we arent a million miles away, we just lack a few players in certain key areas, if we give the manager a chance to address these issues and see out the season, then we can see where we stand in the Summer.

But hes been in the job for 6months and he should be given a proper crack at it, im not excusing 2 wins in 12, its not possible, nor am I suggesting that so far its been anything but underwhelming, im also not suggesting we give him blind faith, I just think he should be given at the very least 2 seasons, if after 2 seasons we havent improved on 11th place, then by all means, lets have a talk about whether hes the right manager.

Personally I can see improvements already in the first team fitness and now chasing the ball down. These aspects always take time to improve on. There is another transfer window to come I expect some significant movement in the window this time, plenty of deliberation to assess and have plans A & B, so no excuses. Putting aside the emotion. If someone had told me before the Arsenal game we would come away with 2 points in our next two matches, I would have taken it, alas we came away with 3 points.

2015: Pld 17 Pts 23 GD +7
2016: Pld 17 Pts 23. GD 0
Last season: semi of both cups
This season: Out at home to Championship team in 2nd game.

These are objective facts. Bobby went on to get sacked last season because of that form. It's not RK's team? He's brought in 5 players. That's half a team.
Not to mention we're on the cusp of extending Lu's contract. That's the same Lu that RK said would have to leave to fulfill his ambition. I'm sure that was a big help in convincing the player to committ.
We all hope he turns it round soon but whatever way you look at it, thus far, RK has been p**s poor.

Played 20, points 21, GD -6 - think that part of the season was what got Martinez the sack lad rather than the earlier part

Also the 5 wins, 5 draws and 8 losses at home had a part to play - 20 points, 18 played,

He wasnt backed in the Summer, im fairly sure he was promised some funds and The mosh has even come out and said "we" didnt get targets the manager asked for. Our form is utterly terrible, but we as a club have finished 11th, for 2 seasons on the run, it was never going to be fixed overnight. Our squad is full of very talented players, but it is also unbalanced and it also has a few turkeys in it.

We havent been utterly destroyed in any game this season bar Chelsea, we have competed, to a degree, we arent a million miles away, we just lack a few players in certain key areas, if we give the manager a chance to address these issues and see out the season, then we can see where we stand in the Summer.

But hes been in the job for 6months and he should be given a proper crack at it, im not excusing 2 wins in 12, its not possible, nor am I suggesting that so far its been anything but underwhelming, im also not suggesting we give him blind faith, I just think he should be given at the very least 2 seasons, if after 2 seasons we havent improved on 11th place, then by all means, lets have a talk about whether hes the right manager.

I think we are starting to see a bit of a revival. A few games ago we weren't even worth watching , but it's got better.....People are talking about needing 5 or 6 changes but I think we only need 1 or 2 and we could be flying .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back