Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The statistical facts quoted by the Daily Mail this morning state that this is Ross Barkley's most successful season and that he's on par with both Lampard and Scholes at the same age ............do you agree with these stats??
I don't think they're relevant to the point I made.

You're havin a laff with the "at least 2 seasons" shout. This time next season he'll have to have a team right in touch with the top 4 and playing a damn sight better than this shameful mess.

Ok, he needs cash. I agree. But he's done almost nothing to adapt the current playing staff and any cash he does spend will be spread very thinly because of it...especially if the story that he wants 8 out and 8 in after the next two windows is true. He and his people have made a big deal out of the belief that once those new arrivals happen he'll prove his worth as a manager. But if he doesn't prove that in a hurry after getting them, there's no hiding place for him and he'll need shoeing.

Bottom line: he's taken us backward in terms of the football we play. He makes Moyes look like Rinus Michels. That German fanny had it spot on: 'wild football'. Shapeless, clueless, chicken with no head hoofball. Half term report: 4/10. That needs to be 8/10 this time next year.

Oh God, its back.

Ive given up my evil ways David, im just about the football these days, feel free to review our excellent win at Arsenal at your leisure.
Excellent win? Three points is three points, of course. But in the context of 2 wins in 12 games it's shocking.

Tbf, i've always said this season is a gimme for Koeman. Top half finish is adequate. For me though in order to be handed that slack he had to show that he knew what he was doing and getting the foundations in place. I don't see that. I just see a mess and a manager who continually talks down a group of players and promises jam tomorrow when we have his signings in.

Fair enough. If he changes the whole first team in the next two windows and has us playing good and winning football it's job done. But he looks pretty clueless right now. That old saying about a poor workman blaming his tools is spot on in relation to him. Start of season 2017/18 he's under massive pressure to prove himself.

Koeman's great and will turn us into a boss team but it's going to take a couple of windows to turn us round from the rot that started to set in after Moyes left.If you can't see it then you have a Fifa generation mentality and are unable to think rationally about the game if it's not played with a joystick.

Excellent win? Three points is three points, of course. But in the context of 2 wins in 12 games it's shocking.

Tbf, i've always said this season is a gimme for Koeman. Top half finish is adequate. For me though in order to be handed that slack he had to show that he knew what he was doing and getting the foundations in place. I don't see that. I just see a mess and a manager who continually talks down a group of players and promises jam tomorrow when we have his signings in.

Fair enough. If he changes the whole first team in the next two windows and has us playing good and winning football it's job done. But he looks pretty clueless right now. That old saying about a poor workman blaming his tools is spot on in relation to him. Start of season 2017/18 he's under massive pressure to prove himself.
He looks clueless? Good grief he's working with a team whom half of them know are out the door....finally got a winner and someone who's done something in the game.Man doesn't suffer fools,And has been at a club who sells his best players every season but improve there position? But he's clueless.

You won't be happy until you've picked the manager.

I LOVE YOU

Thats a shocking shout David, but I totally respect your viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back