Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks clueless? Good grief he's working with a team whom half of them know are out the door....finally got a winner and someone who's done something in the game.Man doesn't suffer fools,And has been at a club who sells his best players every season but improve there position? But he's clueless.
"Winner"? You've been conned with that sales pitch mate. He has done nothing management wise in the game. This is the biggest test of his ability he's had in 17 years of managing - this is a massive job with massive expectation in the biggest league in the world. In that league he's done a respectable job at S'ton and no more than that. So far at Everton he has stunk the place out in terms of the footy served up. Those players can actually play football. He chooses to ask them to go route one and shames this club in the process. I 'kin cringed in that Derby game. Playing his dinosaur football against them in one of the biggest fixtures in European football beamed are around the globe. He made us look like a two bob pub team.

Every person who watches Football is allowed their opinion what ever it may be,But to brazenly come out and say "the man's clueless" or "doesn't know what he's doing" when the chap has played at the highest level,won titles,European cups is folly.

It's like him coming into your workplace and taking to Facebook and saying you are crap at your job!! Am not saying don't debate or air opinions or views but at least think about what saying and try and back it up.Imagine the likes of Dave Kelly standing in front of Koeman going "err sorry Ron but you haven't got a clue".

"Winner"? You've been conned with that sales pitch mate. He has done nothing management wise in the game. This is the biggest test of his ability he's had in 17 years of managing - this is a massive job with massive expectation in the biggest league in the world. In that league he's done a respectable job at S'ton and no more than that. So far at Everton he has stunk the place out in terms of the footy served up. Those players can actually play football. He chooses to ask them to go route one and shames this club in the process. I 'kin cringed in that Derby game. Playing his dinosaur football against them in one of the biggest fixtures in European football beamed are around the globe. He made us look like a two bob pub team.
He's inherited a team that hasn't done a defensive training drill in 2 and a half years, no creative midfielders,poor attitude,No winners mentality,An ageing squad,bad players on good contracts...

But you're bothered about us at the minute going route 1?

Look at the bigger picture.

Every person who watches Football is allowed their opinion what ever it may be,But to brazenly come out and say "the man's clueless" or "doesn't know what he's doing" when the chap has played at the highest level,won titles,European cups is folly.

It's like him coming into your workplace and taking to Facebook and saying you are crap at your job!! Am not saying don't debate or air opinions or views but at least think about what saying and try and back it up.Imagine the likes of Dave Kelly standing in front of Koeman going "err sorry Ron but you haven't got a clue".
Your posts are like that of Verruca Salt who "wants it here,And wants it now"

He's inherited a team that hasn't done a defensive training drill in 2 and a half years, no creative midfielders,poor attitude,No winners mentality,An ageing squad,bad players on good contracts...

But you're bothered about us at the minute going route 1?

Look at the bigger picture.
He's been here since June. He has five highly experienced full internationals to call on to make up a defence...two of them national captains....but we haven't improved one iota as a back four despite all the BS spoken about being tighter at the back since Koeman arrived.

No excuses, he just isn't getting that job done.

He's been here since June. He has five highly experienced full internationals to call on to make up a defence...two of them national captains....but we haven't improved one iota as a back four despite all the BS spoken about being tighter at the back since Koeman arrived.

No excuses, he just isn't getting that job done.
He's been here 5 months?? So is that enough time to turn round what was last year an abysmal team? Where you one them people calling for Kendall's head in the bad times? You're typical of today's world that wants it all now.

He's been here 5 months?? So is that enough time to turn round what was last year an abysmal team? Where you one them people calling for Kendall's head in the bad times? You're typical of today's world that wants it all now.
Listen Dave your work within the community is unrivalled and I congratulate you on it but at times i can't help feeling your misgivings towards the manager are still bore out of the fact Kenwright is still there and any sort of positive from yourself would be seen as defeat,Mate your not stupid so stop with the stupid posts.

Oh my God. Having him back is like being told you've chlamydia again. Davek I've got you on ignore but you're still giving me a migraine. How is that even possible?

<rant>

Regardless of his pedigree, at the very least with his "winning mentality" he should be able to psychologically improve some of the players. We seemed to have stagnated or even regressed mentally. Obviously he deserves a lot more time but I am worried that he seems to have barely improved any aspect of us. With Martinez this time last season we had the same points and could string a few passes together, I appreciate he shipped a lot of goals but the football that we're currently watching is garbage. I so badly want him to succeed but my fear is that he's going to panic buy in January and buy many mercenaries who aren't going to give a cr*p about Everton but contribute enough to justify their wages. I don't want the Moyes type of football instilled but I do miss the fight that we had and players like Cahill.

</rant>

<rant>

Regardless of his pedigree, at the very least with his "winning mentality" he should be able to psychologically improve some of the players. We seemed to have stagnated or even regressed mentally. Obviously he deserves a lot more time but I am worried that he seems to have barely improved any aspect of us. With Martinez this time last season we had the same points and could string a few passes together, I appreciate he shipped a lot of goals but the football that we're currently watching is garbage. I so badly want him to succeed but my fear is that he's going to panic buy in January and buy many mercenaries who aren't going to give a cr*p about Everton but contribute enough to justify their wages. I don't want the Moyes type of football instilled but I do miss the fight that we had and players like Cahill.

</rant>
Mate you can't teach mentality,Koeman had it and which is why he went to the top and knows what he needs.

Ability will get you so far then it's ONLY down to mentality look at Balotelli,And that's why the mentally strong play for the top teams and that's why Rooney left us really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back