Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasnt backed in the Summer, im fairly sure he was promised some funds and The mosh has even come out and said "we" didnt get targets the manager asked for. Our form is utterly terrible, but we as a club have finished 11th, for 2 seasons on the run, it was never going to be fixed overnight. Our squad is full of very talented players, but it is also unbalanced and it also has a few turkeys in it.

We havent been utterly destroyed in any game this season bar Chelsea, we have competed, to a degree, we arent a million miles away, we just lack a few players in certain key areas, if we give the manager a chance to address these issues and see out the season, then we can see where we stand in the Summer.

But hes been in the job for 6months and he should be given a proper crack at it, im not excusing 2 wins in 12, its not possible, nor am I suggesting that so far its been anything but underwhelming, im also not suggesting we give him blind faith, I just think he should be given at the very least 2 seasons, if after 2 seasons we havent improved on 11th place, then by all means, lets have a talk about whether hes the right manager.
I agree with most of that bar the 2 seasons. Based on performance alone I don't think any manager can demand more than 1 season. He'll almost certainly get 2 seasons for financial reasons, barring total collapse, because he cost so much.
We have a top class goal scorer albeit with a poor all round game. The captain of Ireland and Wales and a top player in Gana. He should be doing better.
In his defence we've finally seen the aggression he's called for in parts of the last 2 games but they were big home games benefiting from the 12th man.
The next few weeks will determine if the players are genuinely finally responding to the manager.

I agree with most of that bar the 2 seasons. Based on performance alone I don't think any manager can demand more than 1 season. He'll almost certainly get 2 seasons for financial reasons, barring total collapse, because he cost so much.
We have a top class goal scorer albeit with a poor all round game. The captain of Ireland and Wales and a top player in Gana. He should be doing better.
In his defence we've finally seen the aggression he's called for in parts of the last 2 games but they were big home games benefiting from the 12th man.
The next few weeks will determine if the players are genuinely finally responding to the manager.

We have a big massive gap from midfield to attack, we need better players, different types of players, lets see what the window brings.

I think we are starting to see a bit of a revival. A few games ago we weren't even worth watching , but it's got better.....People are talking about needing 5 or 6 changes but I think we only need 1 or 2 and we could be flying .

I totally agree, 2 players, a number 8 with magic in their boots and somebody to link the midfield and the attack and the improvement overall would be vast.

Played 20, points 21, GD -6 - think that part of the season was what got Martinez the sack lad rather than the earlier part

Also the 5 wins, 5 draws and 8 losses at home had a part to play - 20 points, 18 played,
Agreed and I'll add the players threw in the towel on Bobby and Bobby had had 2 seasons in a row of underachievement.
None of that detracts from the objective fact that, in comparison to Bobby this time last year, RK is doing a little worse.

Agreed and I'll add the players threw in the towel on Bobby and Bobby had had 2 seasons in a row of underachievement.
None of that detracts from the objective fact that, in comparison to Bobby this time last year, RK is doing a little worse.

BOBBY had been in charge two and half years to Ron's handful of months.....so not really a comparison at all.

BOBBY had been in charge two and half years to Ron's handful of months.....so not really a comparison at all.
I've acknowledged that Bobby was here, and doing poorly, far longer.
The statistical facts quoted, unequivocally show, that RK has not thus far, improved on what Bobby was doing this time last year.
In fact he's doing a little worse. That doesn't mean I want him out yet. It simply is a recognition of a failure, thus far, to achieve any measurable improvement.

I think we are starting to see a bit of a revival. A few games ago we weren't even worth watching , but it's got better.....People are talking about needing 5 or 6 changes but I think we only need 1 or 2 and we could be flying .
True mate. Good players make their teammates better - so all this talk of needing a new first eleven just because we're on a dire run is just the fume speaking, it's not serious. Even two high quality players inserted into that side would be a huge difference maker.

I've acknowledged that Bobby was here, and doing poorly, far longer.
The statistical facts quoted, unequivocally show, that RK has not thus far, improved on what Bobby was doing this time last year.
In fact he's doing a little worse. That doesn't mean I want him out yet. It simply is a recognition of a failure, thus far, to achieve any measurable improvement.

The statistical facts quoted by the Daily Mail this morning state that this is Ross Barkley's most successful season and that he's on par with both Lampard and Scholes at the same age ............do you agree with these stats??

He wasnt backed in the Summer, im fairly sure he was promised some funds and The mosh has even come out and said "we" didnt get targets the manager asked for. Our form is utterly terrible, but we as a club have finished 11th, for 2 seasons on the run, it was never going to be fixed overnight. Our squad is full of very talented players, but it is also unbalanced and it also has a few turkeys in it.

We havent been utterly destroyed in any game this season bar Chelsea, we have competed, to a degree, we arent a million miles away, we just lack a few players in certain key areas, if we give the manager a chance to address these issues and see out the season, then we can see where we stand in the Summer.

But hes been in the job for 6months and he should be given a proper crack at it, im not excusing 2 wins in 12, its not possible, nor am I suggesting that so far its been anything but underwhelming, im also not suggesting we give him blind faith, I just think he should be given at the very least 2 seasons, if after 2 seasons we havent improved on 11th place, then by all means, lets have a talk about whether hes the right manager.
You're havin a laff with the "at least 2 seasons" shout. This time next season he'll have to have a team right in touch with the top 4 and playing a damn sight better than this shameful mess.

Ok, he needs cash. I agree. But he's done almost nothing to adapt the current playing staff and any cash he does spend will be spread very thinly because of it...especially if the story that he wants 8 out and 8 in after the next two windows is true. He and his people have made a big deal out of the belief that once those new arrivals happen he'll prove his worth as a manager. But if he doesn't prove that in a hurry after getting them, there's no hiding place for him and he'll need shoeing.

Bottom line: he's taken us backward in terms of the football we play. He makes Moyes look like Rinus Michels. That German fanny had it spot on: 'wild football'. Shapeless, clueless, chicken with no head hoofball. Half term report: 4/10. That needs to be 8/10 this time next year.

You're havin a laff with the "at least 2 seasons" shout. This time next season he'll have to have a team right in touch with the top 4 and playing a damn sight better than this shameful mess.

Ok, he needs cash. I agree. But he's done almost nothing to adapt the current playing staff and any cash he does spend will be spread very thinly because of it...especially if the story that he wants 8 out and 8 in after the next two windows is true. He and his people have made a big deal out of the belief that once those new arrivals happen he'll prove his worth as a manager. But if he doesn't prove that in a hurry after getting them, there's no hiding place for him and he'll need shoeing.

Bottom line: he's taken us backward in terms of the football we play. He makes Moyes look like Rinus Michels. That German fanny had it spot on: 'wild football'. Shapeless, clueless, chicken with no head hoofball. Half term report: 4/10. That needs to be 8/10 this time next year.

Ho Ho HO Merry Christmas @davek ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back