Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has this come from? I keep seeing people say it, but it's total rubbish. Once again, we started our last game with 4 players bought by this manager. We then brought another one later in the game, and would have started another one if Bolasie wasn't injured. People keep saying he needs his own players, but half of them are his players. They might not have been his first choices, but he'll have to get used to that here - just like 90% of managers in the league have to do.

The 'ageing' thing is a joke as well. You can't sign Stekelenburg and Williams, and give new contracts to Barry and Baines, and then moan that your teams too old. If we have an ageing squad a lot of that is on Koeman.

I've said before, I'm not anti-Koeman and I'm happy to give him plenty of time if he shows that he's going to use it well. I see a lot of similarities between this and the way people talked about Martinez though. I think it was clear where things were heading under Martinez about 18 months before we did anything about it, but loads of people insisted we gave him time. Now we have people saying there's no way Koeman can undo the incredible damage done by Martinez but we need to give him 3 years to try - seemingly blissfully unaware that it was giving the last manager time which they believe got us into this mess in the first place.
I know 4 players were bought by Koeman but the players we need to get are in key positions. We are crying out for a playmaker and a forward who can hold things up. Look what he did with tadic and pelle.

RMs first season the football was great best points tally in the Prem - I stated on here our poor keeper in Timmy and his perstence not to play or sign a decent back up keeper would be RMs downfall the points keeper errors playing a keeper two seasons past his best cost us many points we were a free scoring side defensively woeful now we struggle to score the defence is marginally better the keeper situation has not be rectified certain players get dropped others play crass an either play or are on the bench, time will tell - the only plus is a great midfielder signed from Villa,
Any manager is judged on results let's see?

Alright davek

2015: Pld 17 Pts 23 GD +7
2016: Pld 17 Pts 23. GD 0
Last season: semi of both cups
This season: Out at home to Championship team in 2nd game.

These are objective facts. Bobby went on to get sacked last season because of that form. It's not RK's team? He's brought in 5 players. That's half a team.
Not to mention we're on the cusp of extending Lu's contract. That's the same Lu that RK said would have to leave to fulfill his ambition. I'm sure that was a big help in convincing the player to committ.
We all hope he turns it round soon but whatever way you look at it, thus far, RK has been p**s poor.

These are objective facts. Bobby went on to get sacked last season because of that form. It's not RK's team? He's brought in 5 players. That's half a team.
Not to mention we're on the cusp of extending Lu's contract. That's the same Lu that RK said would have to leave to fulfill his ambition. I'm sure that was a big help in convincing the player to committ.
We all hope he turns it round soon but whatever way you look at it, thus far, RK has been p**s poor.
Good post and this man has to be on very thin ice now. A very poor xmas could easily see the fans turn nasty.

Martinez was sacked due to 18months of abject failure in the league.

If after 18 months theres no improvement regards the teams form then Koeman should be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back