Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back now I don't actually think it was that bad. We defended brilliantly bar one or two moments and Liverpool didn't look all that threatening. For a team that are averaging over 2 goals per game and have outscored everyone, we neutralised their attack excellently for much of the game.

In the end it came down to our lack of creativity and talent in the midfield/attack.

The most worrying thing for me was the apparent lack of fitness.

There was only one team in it for half an hour then we seemed to hit a wall.

As @Eggs says, they started dominating toward the end of the first half and it was wave after unrelenting wave of pressure, albeit without carrying much goal threat, after the break.

And the constant hoofing just played into their hands

That hasto rank as one of the most dispiriting second halfs we have ever witnessed at The Park.

The most worrying thing for me was the apparent lack of fitness.

There was only one team in it for half an hour then we seemed to hit a wall.

As @Eggs says, they started dominating toward the end of the first half and it was wave after unrelenting wave of pressure, albeit without carrying much goal threat, after the break.

And the constant hoofing just played into their hands

That hasto rank as one of the most dispiriting second halfs we have ever witnessed at The Park.
I've been going long enough to have witnessed many far, far more dispiriting second halves. Off the top of my head the second half of the Keeley derby was worse , although we did have some fun with our lovable neighbours in the paddock to be fair.

give him 2 transferwindows and everton will be fine. If we can get players like Schneiderlin and Depay our football will change and our results will be better.

People expecting unrealistic things only because we have a new manager but almost all the players are the same as last two years. Get rid of at least 5/6 and bring 7 players in over 2 windows.

Goalkeeper, central defender, controlling midfielder, attacking midfielder, 2 wingers and a striker.

Top 6 here we come next year:dance:

Exactly Dirty Dutch, 4 months in and the knee jerkers are calling for his head. That's the problem with some of the modern day supporters and modern day media giving them the platform to spout ........! Let's not forget Howard and Ferguson who didn't acheive success overnight, they built and the boards held their nerve after 3 and 4 years respectively. We know Koeman will not be given that long, but I believe he won't need it. At times in that first period we got a glimpse of what type of football we could see under him when he gets the squad he needs to play that way, We out pressed the pressers, we had aggression and we will create and finish. That's the EVERTON way.The change over from the Moyes/Martinez 'GOLDEN' era's and the team of winners he was left with is going to be long and sometimes painful. I'm in it for the long haul!!

I've little idea whether Koeman will bring success in the long run. But I've absolutely no idea why in the short run he would even consider bringing on a 19yo with only 10 minutes PL experience behind him, an out and out centre-forward ,and play him wide right to try and protect his RB!!! How would such an idea even be given consideration, never mind be enacted?

He's got a lad in the U23s who in the view of the coaching staff there and the evidence out on the park in the PL is the best midfield player on the books. Not even on the bench (again). Davies is going to be massive. He is technically very good, he works his balls off, he sees the early pass, he presses the opposition, he lays the ball off and immediately adjusts his positioning to offer a return pass or to move into a better position. And most importantly after being subject to that weak and abject last 45 minutes last night, he's got an edge to his play that ensures he'll take nothing lying down.

Koeman is coming over as being every bit as cautious as Moyes. And that's not what we want to witness.

I've little idea whether Koeman will bring success in the long run. But I've absolutely no idea why in the short run he would even consider bringing on a 19yo with only 10 minutes PL experience behind him, an out and out centre-forward ,and play him wide right to try and protect his RB!!! How would such an idea even be given consideration, never mind be enacted?

He's got a lad in the U23s who in the view of the coaching staff there and the evidence out on the park in the PL is the best midfield player on the books. Not even on the bench (again). Davies is going to be massive. He is technically very good, he works his balls off, he sees the early pass, he presses the opposition, he lays the ball off and immediately adjusts his positioning to offer a return pass or to move into a better position. And most importantly after being subject to that weak and abject last 45 minutes last night, he's got an edge to his play that ensures he'll take nothing lying down.

Koeman is coming over as being every bit as cautious as Moyes. And that's not what we want to witness.

Why do people keep suggesting he brought on a Striker to cover his RB?

He brought on a striker to attack, it didnt work, thats for damn sure, but the sub wasnt defensive.

Why do people keep suggesting he brought on a Striker to cover his RB?

He brought on a striker to attack, it didnt work, thats for damn sure, but the sub wasnt defensive.
I'm not having that. The position he immediately took up was out wide and he never got anywhere near an attacking position. His most telling contribution was a great clearing header from inside our penalty box.

Koeman had already given up going for the 3 points when he brought him on. There were a number of alternatives as replacements for Valencia that would have given us more forward impetus if that's what he wanted, not just Mirallas coming on but, for example, Holgate on as RB and Coleman pushed forward, or Cleverley brought on both to try and put right the manager's previous mistake of bringing Barry on but also to push Barkley forward (lets face it did anyone know exactly what role Barkley was supposed to be playing last night?).

The great irony is of course that Koeman found his side in an even worse position in charge of Southampton against the Rs last season but turned a two goal deficit around and win the game 3-2. Yet for the derby all that boldness had disappeared. And we thought our new manager would bring with him a new, bold, confidence that would transmit throughout the players......

The great irony is of course that Koeman found his side in an even worse position in charge of Southampton against the Rs last season but turned a two goal deficit around and win the game 3-2. Yet for the derby all that boldness had disappeared. And we thought our new manager would bring with him a new, bold, confidence that would transmit throughout the players......

Yes because at southampton he could bring on Mane who scored two that game. Here he could bring on Cleverley......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back