Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would personally take more than just him. Players like Firmino, Lallana and Henderson (I've never rated Henderson but he's looked much improved) have shown more than just more fight and desire. They've shown actual quality and an ability to score and create.

They have, and it's all down to the manager. He's given them that belief and unity. Ferguson was the same, he could the best out of players.

He's a yellow toothed bell but I'd sell everyone down the river to have him manage us

Top, top player. Huge fan.

But he's been a regular in a team that has underwhelmed.

Does his languid style have a knock on effect on the rest of the team?

Up for debate, but if he starts agitating for a move take the cash and make the changes.

Top top players win you games like last night.

The fact that he didn't get a sniff tells you everything you need to know. He's Victor Anichebe without the work rate.

I hate that Henderson looked decent last night. He's such an unlikeable person FFS.

In fact it was probably just us making him look alright thinking about it. He's still a tit.

Always thought he was bang average and laughed at them paying so much, but he offers them a decent platform for the team like Barry does for us, except he has more legs because he's younger. Has even chipped in the odd goal and assist too.

Agree about him being a tit though.

Baines hasn't cried at every opportunity to move.

I don't doubt his commitment, which we seem to be lacking in abundance at the moment.

He's not been his best for a while, but I don't think a replacement full back is a priority - could do with some genuine competition like.

Fans cry when players don't show loyalty, he shown it. Lets show some back eh...
I think it is mate the way he let Sturridge stroll across the box,so obvious what he wanted to do and baines just let it happen.

Baines hasn't cried at every opportunity to move.

I don't doubt his commitment, which we seem to be lacking in abundance at the moment.

He's not been his best for a while, but I don't think a replacement full back is a priority - could do with some genuine competition like.

Fans cry when players don't show loyalty, he shown it. Lets show some back eh...

I think this is our biggest problem.

We have been moaning for ages about how bad our defence is (and it is) and yet whenever people decide they want to change things they never seem to touch the defence!

To be honest I wouldnt get rid of him myself just because I dont really see the point. He wouldn't command a big fee any more and is useful to have in the squad. I would be looking at replacing him in the starting 11 though. he has lost a yard or two of pace and lacks the dynamism that used to make him an incredibly effective attacking full back. He has never been a particularly good defender so having him in the first 11 is asking for trouble these days.

There are a few players like that though, Jagielka, Barry, one of Stekelenberg and Robles. They are players I have no issues with keeping around but if we are to push on they cant be first team players any more.

I hate that Henderson looked decent last night. He's such an unlikeable person FFS.

In fact it was probably just us making him look alright thinking about it. He's still a tit.

He is a knob.

I was impressed by his comments about Barkley last night though to be fair.

I actually dont hate this Liverpool team nearly half as much as I should.

Still hate the fans like...

They have, and it's all down to the manager. He's given them that belief and unity. Ferguson was the same, he could the best out of players.

He's a yellow toothed bell but I'd sell everyone down the river to have him manage us

He's a good manager but I'd never have him now he's managed them. I still think Koeman can do better given time but not without a few key additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back