Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has a team of charlatans.

If he didn't know it in the summer, he certainly knows it now.

No excuse, ring the changes. Keep Gana, Baines and Coleman - the rest can go.

Then we judge him a year down the line.

This is why, at this current time, Koeman is far down on my list of people who deserve to be scrutinised the most.

It's going to take a huge amount of effort to scout the right players - Youth, prime and experienced players. Huge investment is going to be needed, and it could be in excess of 150 - 200 million to do this - The sale of Lukaku could amount to near a third of this.

But with that much time, money and effort needed to revitalise the squad it's going to need a lot of patience, but we should start seeing results as soon as new players come in. But it will be two years before we will see competitiveness.

Could you not see the marked improvement in the last two games Khal?

Let me put it this way, Toff.

For the final 70 minutes of the Arsenal game and fir the first half hour last night I saw a "marked improvement" on what we had witnessed before the last twenty minutes of the United game.

The second half last night, however, has left me shell shocked and depressed and of the opinion that no progress had been made this season up to now :(

I am sorry if that sentiment doesn't fit in with your much appreciated opinion of me as a "sound poster" but ol' Khal speaks ax he finds and right now there ain't too much worth speaking about :pint2:

Coutinho was the only one that people on here said they would have. He's put fight and desire into a bunch of players who had none and complimented that by binning people who didn't fit what he wanted

Would personally take more than just him. Players like Firmino, Lallana and Henderson (I've never rated Henderson but he's looked much improved) have shown more than just more fight and desire. They've shown actual quality and an ability to score and create.

And Baines hasnt?

Baines hasn't cried at every opportunity to move.

I don't doubt his commitment, which we seem to be lacking in abundance at the moment.

He's not been his best for a while, but I don't think a replacement full back is a priority - could do with some genuine competition like.

Fans cry when players don't show loyalty, he shown it. Lets show some back eh...

Would personally take more than just him. Players like Firmino, Lallana and Henderson (I've never rated Henderson but he's looked much improved) have shown more than just more fight and desire. They've shown actual quality and an ability to score and create.

I hate that Henderson looked decent last night. He's such an unlikeable person FFS.

In fact it was probably just us making him look alright thinking about it. He's still a tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back