Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensible post mate. I agree, he wasnt to know how redundant a lot of the squad was. No surprise that after shipping out the bad, a few signings, suitable formations and a better idea of our best first 11, that our results have started to get better. Looking forward to how this season ends and definitely hopeful for next season.
Same here mate

The question posed underlines where you and I differ:

NONE of those league places or cup results are an achievement. None of them.

Winning silverware is the achievement.

What has to stop here is some creeping tendency to drag down what is acceptable for a PL season. I detect over the past few weeks this numb nuts "Top Six" false ceiling has been created to try and excuse a season's failure to make a challenge. That has to be rejected and rebuffed at every turn. Our expectations cant go from top 4 to top 6/7 just because some wish to stretch out what's acceptable for a manager they have thrown their hand in with.

Top 7 this season is ok.
Top 7 next season is failure.
Not reaching Top 4 by any third season he reaches should result in a dismissal if we have failed to get 5th.

Anyone not working to that timetable are accepting mediocrity.

Coming from the man that wanted to keep el fraudo ?... who did have three seasons and took us further and further away from the top 4 the longer he stayed? So basically your guilty of "accepting mediocrity" according to your own words.

Are you serious?

This is what I mean by the massaging down of where we should be. I suppose you subscribe to the Sensational Six elite club we cant possibly break into?

Surely your not so stupid that you can't see that it's a massive job fixing the mess that el fraudo left behind

5th is what we'll finish. For top 4 you need to be consistently good. Unfortunately we're peaking a bit too late.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXrAAAAJGYwYjI1YmI0LWI3OTMtNDJjZC1hMzE4LTkwOWZiYTUyNDMyMA.jpg

Coming from the man that wanted to keep el fraudo ?... who did have three seasons and took us further and further away from the top 4 the longer he stayed? So basically your guilty of "accepting mediocrity" according to your own words.
Just block him mate then you'll be much happier on here. Would encourage everybody else to do the same. Absolute cancer for the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back