Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see some of the doom brigade setting their top 4 targets for our RonK, readying the knives for any slip.

There's no problem with this really.

However, you see the same people dooming out any Moshi discussions. "We're not going anywhere with this fraud", "Buy to sell" etc.

If we're not going to see any investment in the squad, are we really expecting our manager to have us challenging teams that do?

Any performance targets have to take in to account the level of investment in the playing squad surely? Otherwise, we're just deluding ourselves like the RS and Spurs. Both thinking they SHOULD be winning the league when they don't even spend top four money.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but expecting it is unrealistic.

I see some of the doom brigade setting their top 4 targets for our RonK, readying the knives for any slip.

There's no problem with this really.

However, you see the same people dooming out any Moshi discussions. "We're not going anywhere with this fraud", "Buy to sell" etc.

If we're not going to see any investment in the squad, are we really expecting our manager to have us challenging teams that do?

Any performance targets have to take in to account the level of investment in the playing squad surely? Otherwise, we're just deluding ourselves like the RS and Spurs. Both thinking they SHOULD be winning the league when they don't even spend top four money.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but expecting it is unrealistic.
...it appears to be led by @MoutsGoat - who is a fanboy.

Not sure how that fits with your analysis here.

Plenty of bottle in us the last few months
The team have grown a bollocks and fight for the points, the passion is back at Everton
Due in large to RK

We'll only know this when the games matter. As much as I am liking this recent form, Everton winning games that don't matter is nothing new. The only remaining acid tests this season are the Anfield derby and if we get close enough to teams above us that the league games become significant. Winning multiple games on a row knowing that regardless of the score you're not moving up or down from 7th has always been easy for this group of players.

So far this season we've not won away from home at any of the top 6, we lost the Derby, and we lost both cup games. The three most important games of the season so far have all been at Goodison and we lost to a championship side, a relegation struggler, and a Liverpool team who now can't buy a win. The rest of the season in all the games that don't really matter surprise surprise we're unbeaten at Goodison.

This group of players bottle when any pressure whatsoever is on. It's Koeman's biggest task to change that mindset.

We'll only know this when the games matter. As much as I am liking this recent form, Everton winning games that don't matter is nothing new. The only remaining acid tests this season are the Anfield derby and if we get close enough to teams above us that the league games become significant. Winning multiple games on a row knowing that regardless of the score you're not moving up or down from 7th has always been easy for this group of players.

So far this season we've not won away from home at any of the top 6, we lost the Derby, and we lost both cup games. The three most important games of the season so far have all been at Goodison and we lost to a championship side, a relegation struggler, and a Liverpool team who now can't buy a win. The rest of the season in all the games that don't really matter surprise surprise we're unbeaten at Goodison.

This group of players bottle when any pressure whatsoever is on. It's Koeman's biggest task to change that mindset.

havent we only played city and chelsea away from home? bit harsh to judge on 2 games even if one was a complete embarrassment.

...it appears to be led by @MoutsGoat - who is a fanboy.

Not sure how that fits with your analysis here.

My issue isn't with setting targets for the teams performance in 2020.

I just think there is an inconsistency when the out and out doom merchants take this stance:

We aren't going to invest in the squad BUT we HAVE to qualify for the champions league in 3 years or the on-field project is a failure.

My issue isn't with setting targets for the teams performance in 2020.

I just think there is an inconsistency when the out and out doom merchants take this stance:

We aren't going to invest in the squad BUT we HAVE to qualify for the champions league in 3 years or the on-field project is a failure.

Impossible standards so that in their own head, they can say they were right all along. If the standards are somehow achieved, then the goalposts manoeuvre themselves as and when appropriate. Rinse and repeat, the cat orange guide to being right to strangers on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back