Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they are being achieved playing in a style that is improving by the week. We played some excellent stuff against Palace. The tiki-taka merchants hate it because it blows their argument to smithereens.

People are getting a bit ahead of themselves as promising as some of the signs are. The Hull and Leicester performances and failings are also recent. We could as easily see that level again as we could the performances against City and Palace. I'm pretty happy though.

What do you mean by tiki-taka merchants and if you are speaking of other Everton fans why would they hate that we win and play well?

Said it before and I'll say it again, no Everton supporter prioritises style over results. You can go round Goodison and ask every fan in the stadium, not a single solitary one would say style is more important than winning.

disagree.

every supporter will generally be happy with a win however it comes.

but a long sustained period of crap football like some of the periods under Moyes is just not good enough for me and I definitely did want us to prioritise style and a more progressive plan for how we would play going forward over gaining victories in the short term playing the percentages.

And in general I do think football is about more than winning. its not black and white. some fans only care about Everton winning and their style preferences only matter in other games where Everton are not involved. Thats first and more important than anything else to them, and of course thats fine and the norm. But I wouldnt be like that, and I think others would agree. You are way off stating all supporters just want the win and style doesn't matter.

However I am less concerned now that we are going to play purely agricultural football under Koeman, and am optimistic we will be seeing a good mixture of tactics once he fills out the squad with his players. Every game tells us something more about him. If he brings as standard an Everton that fights for the ball and attacks with speed then I think we will all be happy enough.

IMG_1816.webp Oh @davek

Your constant changing of attitude and inconsistent ramblings are incessantly boring now.
I appreciate people are entitled to an opinion but you seem to change to suit an agenda.
Yet again; previously the club need to find a way to win ugly. Now its performance over results.

Mods will no doubt say your entitled to post what you do but I can't be the only one who thinks the forum right now is being soiled with inane dribble and totally impossible to have a reasonable debate. It's the constant change of attitude. Suggests massive trolling.

Last edited:
What do you mean rather have? As apposed to what? You never answered my original question either..... your getting found out here dave.
It's simple. I'd rather have a title winning side that can play over one that can't. If I had to have one that couldn't play a great standard of football but win the title that would be preferable to having a team that didn't win the title.

Is that so hard to understand?

*sigh*

People are getting a bit ahead of themselves as promising as some of the signs are. The Hull and Leicester performances and failings are also recent. We could as easily see that level again as we could the performances against City and Palace. I'm pretty happy though.

What do you mean by tiki-taka merchants and if you are speaking of other Everton fans why would they hate that we win and play well?
Tika-Taka merchants are people who espouse tiki-taka.

I dont know, you'd have to ask them that.

It's simple. I'd rather have a title winning side that can play over one that can't. If I had to have one that couldn't play a great standard of football but win the title that would be preferable to having a team that didn't win the title.

Is that so hard to understand?

*sigh*

So you agree that getting results is a priority over playing pretty football?

Thanks

disagree.

every supporter will generally be happy with a win however it comes.

but a long sustained period of crap football like some of the periods under Moyes is just not good enough for me and I definitely did want us to prioritise style and a more progressive plan for how we would play going forward over gaining victories in the short term playing the percentages.

And in general I do think football is about more than winning. its not black and white. some fans only care about Everton winning and their style preferences only matter in other games where Everton are not involved. Thats first and more important than anything else to them, and of course thats fine and the norm. But I wouldnt be like that, and I think others would agree. You are way off stating all supporters just want the win and style doesn't matter.

However I am less concerned now that we are going to play purely agricultural football under Koeman, and am optimistic we will be seeing a good mixture of tactics once he fills out the squad with his players. Every game tells us something more about him. If he brings as standard an Everton that fights for the ball and attacks with speed then I think we will all be happy enough.
He didn't say that all supporters just want the win and style doesn't matter though, did he.

He said that supporters prioritise
results over style, which is completely different.

Manager is the only good thing in the club at the moment. But he is fighting a losing battle against the old guard and the board who are content with Mediocrity. I can not see him staying past his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back