Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will it raise the profile for professional footballers and media? Constantly competing for them yes, one off no.
...we're a club with a small profile for our size precisely because we dont lift silverware and haven't for 22 years. Are you saying we can make a giant step over domestic cups and just go straight to winning the PL? I think you'll find the likes of Chelsea and City went the domestic cup route first. Walk then run.

...we're a club with a small profile for our size precisely because we dont lift silverware and haven't for 22 years. Are you saying we can make a giant step over domestic cups and just go straight to winning the PL? I think you'll find the likes of Chelsea and City went the domestic cup route first. Walk then run.
I thought it was crawl then walk and then run the saying mate ?

I'm saying precisely the opposite of that, which you should know from my posts you've replied to. A few points: a) if we should 'walk then run' why is our target this year, in your eyes, a cup win and 5th? Given we were 11th the last 2 seasons? B) I think you'll find Chelsea and Man City went the domestic cup as well as challenging for the league c) just simply lifting silverware doesn't, long term, raise your profile, consistently challenging and winning does. otherwise Leicester would have had all sorts of players clamouring for them. What you get is 'x will make changes and challenge again' which is why teams like Tottenham and Liverpool are high profile despite not winning anything for at least 4 years

I think you'll find City and Chelsea built on regularly qualifying for Europe through the league, first.

People too easily swayed by an upturn in form and getting rid of players who weren't playing. We were crap very recently and loads were fuming.

Still not overly convinced by Ronaldo K even if there's more positives now than a couple months back. I think we will have a proper idea of who we have in the hotseat by Xmas.

And this thread is derailed by a group of posters wumming each other, not just Herr David as some seem to think.

People too easily swayed by an upturn in form and getting rid of players who weren't playing. We were crap very recently and loads were fuming.

The first team is fitter and stronger we are virtually competing for all the 90 mins. Also now eradicated that nonsense possession football at the back and more direct. The upturn in form is not coincidence...
Upto £9 million apparently, for Oviedo and Gibson that's manager of the year stuff alone.. And I do wish Oviedo all the success

I'm saying precisely the opposite of that, which you should know from my posts you've replied to. A few points: a) if we should 'walk then run' why is our target this year, in your eyes, a cup win and 5th? Given we were 11th the last 2 seasons? B) I think you'll find Chelsea and Man City went the domestic cup as well as challenging for the league c) just simply lifting silverware doesn't, long term, raise your profile, consistently challenging and winning does. otherwise Leicester would have had all sorts of players clamouring for them. What you get is 'x will make changes and challenge again' which is why teams like Tottenham and Liverpool are high profile despite not winning anything for at least 4 years
You fell at the first fence. That's not what I've ever stated. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back