Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree Ian. Stoke were finding so much space on the ball when we had the 5 across the back (or 3, depending on possesion). Half time solved that problem by giving us more energy in the middle. Second half they really didn't get as much as they were second half.

I dont think it helped Barkley having a poor game, Lukaku too. A bit more energy and belief from both of them and we may have created more.
That's fair, but just getting into Feb and with 15 games to go, being just 10 points off last seasons total or 7 when El Fraudo was sacked represents solid progress.

I thought, territorially they were better in the 2nd half. We seemed to go minutes at a time without looking dangerous.

We looked dangerous whenever we upped our tempo higher up the pitch second half I thought, just Rom had a poor day with mistiming any runs, and Ross had a day that he tried to do too much.

Overall an away point at stoke in the conditions that suited the way they wanted to play ain't a bad result like.

Yes but they where getting absolute clear cut chances mate, was wise to change it up - holgate plays that second half and could seriously wreck the lads confidence should he continue getting targetted the way he was.

Subbed with a formation change sured us up
Mate, that's two posts on the bounce where you've used the word where instead of were or we're. Please stop.

We looked dangerous whenever we upped our tempo higher up the pitch second half I thought, just Rom had a poor day with mistiming any runs, and Ross had a day that he tried to do too much.

Overall an away point at stoke in the conditions that suited the way they wanted to play ain't a bad result like.

Better point tonight than United's!

As disappointed as I am with not extending our winning run, drawing away to Stoke City is not the end of the world, it has always been a difficult fixture and not just for Everton.

As disappointed as I am with not extending our winning run, drawing away to Stoke City is not the end of the world, it has always been a difficult fixture and not just for Everton.

Indeed.

Anybody expecting us to go to Stoke on a windy Wednesday night and expecting us to win automatically is not living in the real world. It's a tough fixture and better sides than Everton have struggled there.

Indeed.

Anybody expecting us to go to Stoke on a windy Wednesday night and expecting us to win automatically is not living in the real world. It's a tough fixture and better sides than Everton have struggled there.
Exactly...Taking 4 points from Stoke in one season is nothing to scoff at!...Stoke is resoundingly a bogey team for many of the recent Champions!

I really enjoy having a manager who seems to be just normal, realistic. Moyes too negative, Martinez too positive. Koeman keeps it real. Is not afraid to make a change, has plan B. Says all the right things I want to hear from our manager, no bullshit. Does not support these things like no training of set pieces and pressing or that you have to train only with the ball or that there are no negative things allowed. He also does not support Make Everton Small Again or let's play a right back as a right winger campaigns. He is being our manager only 7 months and I am happy with the change I see. Keep it going Ronald.

A draw away at Stoke isn't too bad especially coming from behind, they've been on a decent run of form themselves. Was a weird one last night, we looked like we could create ourselves a good chance whenever we got in and around their box, but our defence struggled to cope with their height/pace/power of Crouch and Arnoutavic. Both teams created enough good chances to win it and both teams can thank their keeper for not losing. Fair result in the end imo

Koeman certainly seems to have 'steadied the ship' in the league. We've been on a good run of form since December and have got ourselves 18 points from the last 10 games. Onto Bournemouth

A win on Saturday and we hit the safe 40 point mark! :) Isn't it nice not to be sweating with 14 games to go like we were under the former blert!

United at Leicester on Saturday, maybe we can claw back another couple of points on them as Leicester need to start fighting for their lives.

Also United are back in Europe, by the time we go to Old Trafford we will have played one more game because of the league cup final, a date on which they should of played City, so that will have to be a mid weak fixture, I can see them dropping a few points because of the extra games, they also have a few tricky fixtures. We just have to make sure the gap gets no bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back