Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying he isn't good enough, I actually think we won't see a striker as good as him at Everton for a long time, I just don't think other teams are willing to pay the price that we want.
Those big money clubs will see a player with poor service in a tough league for forwards getting 60 odd goals in four seasons and they'll want that at their clubs.

He's proven himself to be consistently good and ready for the step up to the CL. There WILL be suitors, mark my words.

World class footballer.. loved him as a player. And breathe of fresh air he's our manager from previous bull ... Keepin it going Ronald ..gonna get even better

Nah. You are taking that quote way out of context.

Premier League manager selling his best/most vital player? Seriously?
It was a quote that Dutch speaking fans stated was unambiguous - his message to Dutch journalists was that he couldn't see Lukaku hitting the heights at Everton and that he'd have to move on.

As said. I have zero faith in this manager looking upon any player like Lukaku as someone who should be here too much longer.

All told, the kid and his connections have run that contract down for a purpose. I think it's cloud cuckoo land to believe he stays now.

He's done well so far in defence and also attack (after an appalling start up there). The problem is that you can't just be doing things "well" you have to be excellent at both ends of the pitch and I don't see this manager in the evidence so far in display being able to construct an attacking unit that gets the goals....we have relied on Lukaku - a player he probably wouldn't have bought himself, btw - to make us respectable up top. If Lukaku goes next season, forget it. It's not happening.

Lacking it for ages before Koeman took over.

Let's be fair. 2 seasons of horrendous performances but you endured them and was preparing to give the previous manager another year. Koeman is doing his job at the moment but you actually not having any on this. Just give him time because Moshiri chose him and he is making the call.

Those big money clubs will see a player with poor service in a tough league for forwards getting 60 odd goals in four seasons and they'll want that at their clubs.

He's proven himself to be consistently good and ready for the step up to the CL. There WILL be suitors, mark my words.
Clubs are already alerted to lukaku and to suggest because he is 'only playing for everton' he is likely to go under the radar is wide of the mark. Believe me if lukaku maintains his current scoring rate and finishes near the top of the scoring charts in the premier league, as you say there will be clubs in the CL who feel lukaku can make 'the step up'. Whether those clubs are prepared to pay what we are asking is another thing.

Great, so we'll get over 70 points this season. Good to know.

-*bookmarked*

Cool mate, bookmark all you want

Given that sideshow Bobby and his fantastical magical 72 point season actually and in reality was only 9 points higher and one league position better than the previous, then Koeman has another 12 points to earn and finish in 9th to have bettered that, as, well, you seem to put huge stock on historic points totals, so surely any bettering of what Martinez managed over moyes would be a phenomenal and incredible achievement?

It was a quote that Dutch speaking fans stated was unambiguous - his message to Dutch journalists was that he couldn't see Lukaku hitting the heights at Everton and that he'd have to move on.

As said. I have zero faith in this manager looking upon any player like Lukaku as someone who should be here too much longer.

All told, the kid and his connections have run that contract down for a purpose. I think it's cloud cuckoo land to believe he stays now.
Dave you certainly are the grim reaper of this forum. Unbeaten in 2017 - top of the form guide, sell outs every home again, quality players both in youth and brought in yet somehow you rarely quote a positive. Your a darker shadow than Mrs Cardy!

It's a benchmark. A tally that we must emulate again if we are to get top four. And to get that level of points you have to be very bold...which I suspect isn't in this managers character.
Scored 5 more than Bobby at the same point in their first seasons, yeah too conservative.

But 72 was not at the races when it mattered.

72 in 13/14 was falling short.
I can't see the point you're making. It either gets it or it doesn't. The point is that if you don't get it you don't get to the CL in the vast majority of years. THATS why its important. THATS why I restate it.

Can Koeman get that total? I doubt it. But if he does then fair dos to him. He'll have shut me up and proven me wrong, because that total of 72 points looks like the very outer limit of this organisations capabilities.

I can't see the point you're making. It either gets it or it doesn't. The point is that if you don't get it you don't get to the CL in the vast majority of years. THATS why its important. THATS why I restate it.

Can Koeman get that total? I doubt it. But if he does then fair dos to him. He'll have shut me up and proven me wrong, because that total of 72 points looks like the very outer limit of this organisations capabilities.
The point I'm making is that Martinez didn't get the required amount of points to get CL.

He didn't get the required amount of wins to get a cup.

He was a nearly man. A Moyes. A Gordon Lee. A failure.

I'm not. He's been telling Lukaku his future lies away from Everton, so I don't accept this manager is fully on board with that. Maybe after seeing how much he's relied on him he'll be down on his hands and knees begging him to stay rather than pointing him to the door?

Previous manager hailed Tom cleverley as the best free agent signing in history mate, put your Bobby mannequin down a minute and see reality

But 72 was not at the races when it mattered.

72 in 13/14 was falling short.

Mourinho at Madrid broke the league for goals scored. They lost the league.

Tottenham under avb set there prem record for points at 72, did it matter or is he regarded as a failuure who they subsequently sacked six months later?

Points totals are only useful in comparison to how you finish position wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back