Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done well so far in defence and also attack (after an appalling start up there). The problem is that you can't just be doing things "well" you have to be excellent at both ends of the pitch and I don't see this manager in the evidence so far in display being able to construct an attacking unit that gets the goals....we have relied on Lukaku - a player he probably wouldn't have bought himself, btw - to make us respectable up top. If Lukaku goes next season, forget it. It's not happening.

Lol

The point I'm making is that Martinez didn't get the required amount of points to get CL.

He didn't get the required amount of wins to get a cup.

He was a nearly man. A Moyes. A Gordon Lee. A failure.
I'm not old enough to comment on Lee, but to class Martinez and Moyes in the same bracket is disrespectful IMHO, Martinez picked us up in 6th and left us at 13th, Moyes picked us up in 16th and left us 6th.

Koeman is currently on course to give Evertonians our best season on season progress since Moyes took us from 17th to 4th.

In terms of new managers he's on course to break records this year. To improve us a minimum of 6 places from 13th to 7th is rare in PL football history. Unknown for Evertonians. A six place upgrade is fantastic going.

Only bettered by the fact this is just the start. I'd be amazed if we dropped 25 points (or anything like) on what we end up on this season compared to next.

Lacking it for ages before Koeman took over.

Let's be fair. 2 seasons of horrendous performances but you endured them and was preparing to give the previous manager another year. Koeman is doing his job at the moment but you actually not having any on this. Just give him time because Moshiri chose him and he is making the call.
I 'endured' it because he'd already by that stage demonstrated he could get us a season performance that could take us to the CL. That was hard evidence (unlike the flimsy nonsense about Koeman you now hang your hopes on). And we were were doing well in the cups in those last two seasons and it looked like we could break our 20 odd year wait for a trophy. It was very rational to keep faith. Once the players were lost he had to go. That is my position...which you cant accept because you're not prepared to see anything nuanced in your black and white world.

Must be rubbish there. You have my sympathies.

Those big money clubs will see a player with poor service in a tough league for forwards getting 60 odd goals in four seasons and they'll want that at their clubs.

He's proven himself to be consistently good and ready for the step up to the CL. There WILL be suitors, mark my words.

Hasn't Barkley created more chances than pretty much any player in the league? How many has hazzard created mate?

Clubs are already alerted to lukaku and to suggest because he is 'only playing for everton' he is likely to go under the radar is wide of the mark. Believe me if lukaku maintains his current scoring rate and finishes near the top of the scoring charts in the premier league, as you say there will be clubs in the CL who feel lukaku can make 'the step up'. Whether those clubs are prepared to pay what we are asking is another thing.
Germany now comes into play as a destination, and not just for Bayern. they are cash rich now with a new tv deal.

He's gone imo.

60/40 sure of that.

Cool mate, bookmark all you want

Given that sideshow Bobby and his fantastical magical 72 point season actually and in reality was only 9 points higher and one league position better than the previous, then Koeman has another 12 points to earn and finish in 9th to have bettered that, as, well, you seem to put huge stock on historic points totals, so surely any bettering of what Martinez managed over moyes would be a phenomenal and incredible achievement?
Oh I see mate, you've backed off your +72 points prediction?

That's ok. I never took it seriously anyway.

Dave you certainly are the grim reaper of this forum. Unbeaten in 2017 - top of the form guide, sell outs every home again, quality players both in youth and brought in yet somehow you rarely quote a positive. Your a darker shadow than Mrs Cardy!
We're 7th mate.

Dont get me wrong, I see the progress from last season. But it;s not fantastic. You have had your expectation levels dumbed down severely if you think it is.

It's ok bordering on encouraging. No more and no less.

He'll be here next season and then maybe all those predicting he won't be will belt up and enjoy him in a Blue shirt !!
I have richly enjoyed that time he's had here. But the contract has been there and unsigned for 12 months. You dont have to be a NASA scientist to work that one out.

The point I'm making is that Martinez didn't get the required amount of points to get CL.

He didn't get the required amount of wins to get a cup.

He was a nearly man. A Moyes. A Gordon Lee. A failure.

So what will that make Koeman if, in all likelihood, we finish 7th on 60 odd points...if predecessors who got 4th place and 70 odd points are failures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back