Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Daily Express have moved from selling Rom to Chelsea to Koeman to Barca now, 3 articles on the same story now from them. Very quickly overtaking the Mirror as the most anti everton paper.

It's laughable how we over hype our manager's to such a ridiculous degree. I'm a big fan of Koeman and I believe he can do great thing's here if given time and money but Barcelona right now? At this stage of his career?! Get real!

We've got to stop this stupid over rating our manager's, loads of people were convinced that to Martinez was leaving us after his first fluke season and I honestly lost track of the amount of times everyone said Moyes was gonna leave! Koeman haven't done anything to justify Barcelona even looking at him. They could have any manager they wanted. Ronnie will have to do a hell of a lot more before they show any serious interest. The only people taking the idea of him going there this summer seriously are bedwetting blues.

Last edited:

He may not look that old but Koeman is Everton's oldest manager at appointment, he is also far more experienced than the last 3 Barcelona managers.

The things that work against him will be the fact that his teams are more workmanlike and the compensation costs.
It's not his age that I'm talking about when I say this stage of his career. I just don't see his as a successful enough manager (yet) for them to take serious interest. I doubt the compensation would be a factor, if Barcelona really wanted him they wouldn't be arsed about that as its buttons to them. I do agree that his playing style would be the obvious reason he won't go there. I just seriously doubt they have any interest in him at all if truth be told.

It's laughable how we over hype our manager's to such a ridiculous degree. I'm a big fan of Koeman and I believe he can do great thing's here if given time and money but Barcelona right now? At this stage of his career?! Get real!

We've got to stop this stupid over rating our manager's, loads of people were convinced that to Martinez was leaving us after his first fluke season and I honestly lost track of the amount of times everyone said Moyes was gonna leave! Koeman haven't done anything to justify Barcelona even looking at him. They could have any manager they wanted. Ronnie will have to do a hell of a lot more before they show any serious interest. The only people taking the idea of him going there this summer seriously are bedwetting blues.

Don't think very many people are overrating Koeman here. If anything it seems like Barca is overrating him if he is on their short list right now.

I'm rating (hopefully not overrating) Koemann very high.

He seems to have excellent coaching and tactical ability together with pragmatism and a ruthless but fair and straightforward attitude to people management.

All the signs of a superb manager IMO.

I'm rating (hopefully not overrating) Koemann very high.

He seems to have excellent coaching and tactical ability together with pragmatism and a ruthless but fair and straightforward attitude to people management.

All the signs of a superb manager IMO.
His record says different. He's not top tier management.

It's the circle of two faced fans.

I remember everyone getting worried about Barca getting Martinez and that we need to offer him a new deal quick as possible.

Then he was crap, and you all moaned at his payoff when he left and it was you all who cried for it.

Same thing is going to happen here.

You will all turn on him in the end, it's what you do.

His record says different. He's not top tier management.

Currently we're not a top tier club so the Mourinhos and Guardiolas of the world will not be interested. Koeman matches where we are now and where we aspire to get to. The same way Moyes did when he came in (sadly the harsh reality of the time). The bloke in between was a complete mismatch afforded an opportunity far above what he was capable of and one he in no way deserved after doing jack all in the game.

Currently we're not a top tier club so the Mourinhos and Guardiolas of the world will not be interested. Koeman matches where we are now and where we aspire to get to. The same way Moyes did when he came in (sadly the harsh reality of the time). The bloke in between was a complete mismatch afforded an opportunity far above what he was capable of and one he in no way deserved after doing jack all in the game.
The 'bloke in between' took us to a top tier points total...one we have struggled and failed to reach since the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back