Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman > Martinez. End of.

If he goes now or goes in 1 or 2 years time i will be happier in the knowledge that we as a club are standing on better foundations. We have better players, less gash ones, they're fitter and mentally stronger. The next manager isn't taking a punt as we are back to being the best of the rest, whatever happens we are in a good position to cope with change.

Koeman > Martinez. End of.

If he goes now or goes in 1 or 2 years time i will be happier in the knowledge that we as a club are standing on better foundations. We have better players, less gash ones, they're fitter and mentally stronger. The next manager isn't taking a punt as we are back to being the best of the rest, whatever happens we are in a good position to cope with change.
I think the argument that could be made is Martinez has an FA cup and Koeman doesn't.
But yes, Koeman is a infinitesimally better manager.

Good point. That's why I would be tempted to offer the job to Erwin. Has past experience, and the chance to manage again might persuade him to stay instead of automatically following his brother to Barca.

...can't see that happening. From his interview a few weeks ago Erwin Koeman said he prefers not to be in the spotlight. I suspect they are a partnership. It's a good point you make, though.

If the worst happened and they did leave the lad at Hull has done a fine job since he's been there (as long as he leaves Niasse).

Koeman today: "I can understand the links between Barcelona manager's job and me".

ROFL.

Pocchetino said the exact same thing about being linked with the Barcelona job today Dave

Headline from Sky sports -
Mauricio Pochettino 'understands' Barcelona interest but is 'happy' at Tottenham

Koeman today: "I can understand the links between Barcelona manager's job and me".

ROFL.

Or for that matter - here's Martinez in April 2014

On talk of him moving to Arsenal or Barcelona:
"In football when things are going well you always get this sort of speculation and you take it as a compliment. It’s a good sign and means things are going well"

Pocchetino said the exact same thing about being linked with the Barcelona job today Dave

Headline from Sky sports -
Mauricio Pochettino 'understands' Barcelona interest but is 'happy' at Tottenham
But yet koeman says it and we get headlines along the lines of "koeman doesn't rule out Barca move"

But yet koeman says it and we get headlines along the lines of "koeman doesn't rule out Barca move"

Because the narrative now is that Spurs are one of the 'super 6' and we are still regarded with the plebs of the league.

Narratives change, two years ago Spurs weren't regarded in that group and at that time where getting similar stories on players etc that we tend to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back