Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set us up to defend like no marks against "the big team from t' smoke" and we got treated like a load of no marks.

Funny that.

Sadly he did a Martinez today and took too long to make changes

Yep this.

I think at first, it seemed as though the compact midfield would work, and we did contain them well.

But one moment of 'magic' (plus awful keeping and defending) allowed them in and then we bottled it. It needed to change at HT but he didn't, and that cost us.

That being said, you can't legislate for a mistake like that from Robles.

Set us up to defend like no marks against "the big team from t' smoke" and we got treated like a load of no marks.

Funny that.

It worked at first Dave.

A moment of madness and we fell apart. The worry for me is he didn't change it at half-time and he definitely got that wrong. He cost us today in terms of tactics, and Robles cost us with two dreadful errors.

It was like the Chelsea away.

No way Baca want him with this kind of result. We are safe.
Tbf I can see what he was trying to do, although it is a bit Moyes the "go for a point and hope to nick all three with luck" is not an unusual tactic when away to a strong home team like Spurs - Mourinho has had a lot of success with it.

But when that goes pear shaped you need to make changes and those eventually were successful, just too late and let down by some stupid defending.

Koeman in a "start with the wrong lineup and tactics" shocker.

Only difference between now and earlier in the season is back then he would do things like take McCarthy off after 20 mins

Koeman said one more transfer window and we can compete with the best. Presume we are aiming to sign about 10 new players then. We are absolutely miles away from the best 3/4 teams

It worked at first Dave.

A moment of madness and we fell apart. The worry for me is he didn't change it at half-time and he definitely got that wrong. He cost us today in terms of tactics, and Robles cost us with two dreadful errors.
Line up was an insult.

'kin Gueye, Schneiderlin, Davies, Barry.

Utterly ridiculous.

We always play 10 yards deeper when Barry plays. The changes were badly needed at HT, we all could see that, but they were left until too late. Surprising really, as Koeman is not usually slow to make changes when it isnt working. We are miles behind the top six at the moment, plenty of work to do in the summer.

Wrong setup wrong tactics from the start. The team was sitting too deep to invite pressure. Gana and Schneiderlin played in different role to accomodate Barry what was this!? It was like the Chelsea away game. The only difference was that Koeman became Moyes, instead of amending mistake at half time he waited till the team went 2-0 down which was a dreadful decision. The last 20 odd minutes on the other hand did work when we were chasing a game.

Koeman better learn from this. No more Barry he bought crap results to the team my granny ran faster than him.

We always play 10 yards deeper when Barry plays. The changes were badly needed at HT, we all could see that, but they were left until too late. Surprising really, as Koeman is not usually slow to make changes when it isnt working. We are miles behind the top six at the moment, plenty of work to do in the summer.

How come Koeman thinks Barry is still useful in these kind of high tempo game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back