Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koemoyes was back today. But it was the first time in a very long time and he gets it right more ofte than not. Ultimately we need better players but he got it wrong today.

He did, and the players didn't help with bad mistakes - they're all to blame.

Plus side, Barkley played well. Lukaku fed off scraps and still got his goal. McCarthy had a good impact.

Three at the back please Ronald.

It didn't work for longer due to a mistake from Robles (all over for the first goal) and bad defending.

But, after that, he should've switched it. Stop ignoring the fact that I'm saying that.
First mistake in that goal: Gueye allowing Kane to stroll past him and then jogging behind him without getting a challenge in; second mistake: Barry not getting near Kane and then turning his back on the shot.

They were both included by the manager to STOP that happening.

Look again (if you can bare).

I'm sorry, but your goalkeeper shouldn't be putting a teammate in that position.

Williams and Snides - both poor, dreadful play.

But, it stems from Robles. He didn't need to get rid. We needed, at that stage, a steady head. It cost us. A better goalkeeper also doesn't get beaten for the first goal.

But it happens, we move on.

First goal for sure....I think he was in the wrong position, and he is not our future no.1 i think.

But Schneiderlin looks for it, the Spurs player was not that close to him when he gives it. If Schneiderlin is doing his job and is aware he either stands his man up and looks for a ball to the wings or realises its not on and passes back to Robles.

I'd agree. He maybe wouldve been better to ignore Schneiderlin looking for it and chose another option, but thats exactly the sort of play Schneiderlin will do many times for us...take it from keeper and turn and push us forward, or spread it wide and create space.

Schneiderlin looked for it, then seemed he actually had no idea he might get pressed and received and turned casually and we were shot from there.

Schneiderlin and another dozy moment from Williams at fault there for me.
Koeman told him to do that.

You could hear it clearly on Sky.

Look again (if you can bare).

I'm sorry, but your goalkeeper shouldn't be putting a teammate in that position.

Williams and Snides - both poor, dreadful play.

But, it stems from Robles. He didn't need to get rid. We needed, at that stage, a steady head. It cost us. A better goalkeeper also doesn't get beaten for the first goal.

But it happens, we move on.

Then by that logic Joel should be absolved from any culpability fir the first goal.

That one came about because Gana stopped trying to hassle Kane and Barry was in slow motion as he tried to get to him....leaving Kane with a free shot on goal :)

Let me put it this way.....Joel did a heck of a lot more right today than he did wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back