Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep this.

I think at first, it seemed as though the compact midfield would work, and we did contain them well.

But one moment of 'magic' (plus awful keeping and defending) allowed them in and then we bottled it. It needed to change at HT but he didn't, and that cost us.

That being said, you can't legislate for a mistake like that from Robles.

what mistake did Robles make, Toff?

Surely you aren't blaming him for Schneiderlin and Williams contriving to use an innocuous roll out to present Spurs with their second o_O

Line up was an insult.

'kin Gueye, Schneiderlin, Davies, Barry.

Utterly ridiculous.

Why's that 'an insult' fgs??

He set up to contain. TBH, it worked for 20 minutes until that from Kane (which was a case of an excellent shot, bad keeping and slack defending).

We fell apart and as I've said, him not changing it sooner has cost us. Too little, too late and that lies at Koeman's feet.

That being said, we made two ridiculous errors in the second half that cost us, considering we scored twice...

Surely you aren't blaming him for Schneiderlin and Williams contriving to use an innocuous roll out to present Spurs with their second o_O

I'd agree. He maybe wouldve been better to ignore Schneiderlin looking for it and chose another option, but thats exactly the sort of play Schneiderlin will do many times for us...take it from keeper and turn and push us forward, or spread it wide and create space.

Schneiderlin looked for it, then seemed he actually had no idea he might get pressed and received and turned casually and we were shot from there.

Schneiderlin and another dozy moment from Williams at fault there for me.

He's a decent (potentially very decent manager for us) Koeman, but I said a few months ago that he's the type of manager who cant get us to the kind of points total we'll require to get ourselves a CL spot. He goes conservative when we should continue being bold. Setting up for a draw is no option in this division. Go for the win in all games apart from maybe the hour mark at Stamford Bridge if you're on terms. That is the only exception at the moment.

We have to go for broke if we're to get out of the pat on the head 7th place trophy level. Koeman needs to roll the dice not park the bus.

Khal, friggin hell man.

Robles rolls the ball out when a) Williams isn't looking! and b) Schneiderlin has two Spurs players next to him.

No, neither Williams or Schneiderlin cover themselves in glory. But dear me, Robles was at much as fault. He gifted that goal.

Played Barry which was a massive mistake and the subs came 15 minutes too late but we move on.

Next week is massive, beat West Brom and 7th is all but ours which gives us Europe next season and hopefully RK is given the funds to invest in quality additions in the summer.

Move on lads and not waste your last day of the weekend falling for Daves bait.

Why's that 'an insult' fgs??

He set up to contain. TBH, it worked for 20 minutes until that from Kane (which was a case of an excellent shot, bad keeping and slack defending).

We fell apart and as I've said, him not changing it sooner has cost us. Too little, too late and that lies at Koeman's feet.

That being said, we made two ridiculous errors in the second half that cost us, considering we scored twice...

Great.

I'd agree. He maybe wouldve been better to ignore Schneiderlin looking for it and chose another option, but thats exactly the sort of play Schneiderlin will do many times for us...take it from keeper and turn and push us forward, or spread it wide and create space.

Schneiderlin looked for it, then seemed he actually had no idea he might get pressed and received and turned casually and we were shot from there.

Look again (if you can bare).

I'm sorry, but your goalkeeper shouldn't be putting a teammate in that position.

Williams and Snides - both poor, dreadful play.

But, it stems from Robles. He didn't need to get rid. We needed, at that stage, a steady head. It cost us. A better goalkeeper also doesn't get beaten for the first goal.

But it happens, we move on.

It would be nice to end the season with one scalp at one of our bogey grounds, even that in itself would give some cause for optimism seeing as it's exactly these teams we are trying to compete with and emulate.

I just don't see where it's coming from though, Arsenal the most likeliest place for us to get a result I think, but sure as anything we'll find a way to cock that up too.

Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back