Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Del fan but he would have lost the ball, done his whining to the ref, given no support on Davies and been generally poor in the build up. Maybe an assist too but those other things happen every time and that's why he's gone
Or he would of given us great pace and offered a great out ball when we were under intense pressure

I am not saying he should of started but he would of offered something completely different than we had on the pitch and the bench.

The one thing we didn't do today was make the Spurs defence turn today...simply because we had no real pace in the team

Barry or no Barry, Spurs are just better than us. I don't think that Koeman's initial choice was that bad. By the time they scored we had been closing them down really well. No system can prevent your keeper letting in a goal from 30 yards and at least 5 of your players having a stinker. My only complaint about Koeman today is the timing of the subs. Davies and Barry should have been subbed at least 10 mins earlier.
Summed up well. I also thought the initial team choice was suitable and even when behind it never looked like we in dire need of a change. Individual mistakes cost us today; many misplaced passes/crosses, sloppy defending and goalkeeper error. Koeman can't be to blame for that.

Barry or no Barry, Spurs are just better than us. I don't think that Koeman's initial choice was that bad. By the time they scored we had been closing them down really well. No system can prevent your keeper letting in a goal from 30 yards and at least 5 of your players having a stinker. My only complaint about Koeman today is the timing of the subs. Davies and Barry should have been subbed at least 10 mins earlier.
Yes but Barry plays we automatically sit 5 yards deeper we then have Gueye pressing like a mad man but barry is sat on the centre halves toes watching recipe for disaster he is finished plain & simple really

Or he would of given us great pace and offered a great out ball when we were under intense pressure

I am not saying he should of started but he would of offered something completely different than we had on the pitch and the bench.

The one thing we didn't do today was make the Spurs defence turn today...simply because we had no real pace in the team
Del is not and never has been an out ball. He just isn't good enough in possession to be used like that. Although I agree we do need wingers desperately I can't see Deulofeu being one going forward

Spurs are better but playing Barry just makes the gap bigger and feels like losing before it starts. That's why it is so frustrating because most of the fans see that problem

It seemed like after 2 months of good form today would be a day to test how we could do going at a team of quality. He decided not to do that and that is almost more disappointing than the result
yes, that is what irked me the most. We have a different ringmaster...but it's the same old Everton circus

Interesting to see how he reacts to this performance, i put this defeat squarely at his door, but I wan't to see this mistake never happen again. Put Barry out to grass, get funes mori out of the side and go 3 at the back and get someone up alongside Rom. Jags has been poor this year ,but at the minute funes mori is a complete disaster.

I don't think we can really complain about our league position on paper 7th is probably about right improvement on the last two seasons it's the cup run that's really pissed me off!! :rant:

It's a fine line between being too attacking and being ripped apart by the attacking threat that Spurs possess and picking a defensive team that hands the initiative to the opposition. We picked the latter today with the inclusion of Barry in our team.

It's a fine line between being too attacking and being ripped apart by the attacking threat that Spurs possess and picking a defensive team that hands the initiative to the opposition. We picked the latter today with the inclusion of Barry in our team.
It surely must put the players into the wrong frame of mind from the off. We all know we need to change the mentality I think we have to pray he knows our defence is so bad we can't risk going at these teams away from home & that when he addresses the defensive frailties in the summer we change.

I don't want to go to anfield the emirates & old Trafford doing what we did today it's tepid & we have lost before we start.

Look at city away it was like the Alamo 2 missed pens awful don't care if we got a draw we need to show more from the outset away from home & it's doesn't start with the players it's the manager these players will most likely let him down but they do anyway when he is negative

Interesting to see how he reacts to this performance, i put this defeat squarely at his door, but I wan't to see this mistake never happen again. Put Barry out to grass, get funes mori out of the side and go 3 at the back and get someone up alongside Rom. Jags has been poor this year ,but at the minute funes mori is a complete disaster.

I agree regards Funes Mori

Play Holgate and Pennington in a three with Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back