Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that is the cooler head? Picking out a player looking for the ball to try and build a move?

Rather than another % hoof up to Rom?

We obviously disagree on how much danger Schneiderlin was in when Robles, apparently under instruction from Ronko, throws it out.

I think it was fine to pass it there, and Schneiderlin needs to be cooler and more alert if he is going to be the player coming for the ball to start us off from deep.
It looked like Schneiderlin moved in to space to receive the ball to me but then found he didn't have the time he thought he did. Straight back to the 'keeper would have done.

It looked like Schneiderlin moved in to space to receive the ball to me but then found he didn't have the time he thought he did. Straight back to the 'keeper would have done.

I think his choice of calmly putting his foot on the ball and trying to turn meant he seemingly wasnt aware at all of the man behind him. Which was very poor.

But hey even the worlds best in those situations, Busquets, makes mistakes.

Interesting to see how he reacts to this performance, i put this defeat squarely at his door, but I wan't to see this mistake never happen again. Put Barry out to grass, get funes mori out of the side and go 3 at the back and get someone up alongside Rom. Jags has been poor this year ,but at the minute funes mori is a complete disaster.

With the season over I would give Pennington a chance.

If he does not grasp the nettle then we buy 2 high level central defenders.

We are not strong enough at the back.

I'm really hoping Koeman didn't give Barry a game today because he felt he owed him one, to keep him on after 45 was also a massive mistake, we all love koeman because he is a no nonsence manager, but today he lacked any animation on the side line and his starting line up and in game decissons were basically nonsence.

I'm really hoping Koeman didn't give Barry a game today because he felt he owed him one, to keep him on after 45 was also a massive mistake, we all love koeman because he is a no nonsence manager, but today he lacked any animation on the side line and his starting line up and in game decissons were basically nonsence.

No complaint if McCarthy started but Barry who last played on 11 Feb 2017? Very strange decision in particular keeping him on after 45 mins.

Doesn't seem the type of manager to do that but to start Barry in a game as big as this is definitely a mistake, one I think he will learn from.

Doesn't seem the type of manager to do that but to start Barry in a game as big as this is definitely a mistake, one I think he will learn from.
Let's hope so mate, maybe he is giving some players the rope to hang themselves like he did earlier in the year.

I think fans singling out Funes Mori when talking about who should be out of the defence are judging Williams on what he has done before Everton, because I think they both have been equally bad/poor/ok/average this season.

I have admired big Ash for years and was delighted when we signed him.

Whilst not a failure or owt, I have been a bit disappointed in him though :(

5 centre mids today reminded me of when we played 5 (maybe even 6, I can't quite remember) against Bolton at home under Moyes. I'd have rather lost by a couple more and given it a proper go.

we
With the season over I would give Pennington a chance.

If he does not grasp the nettle then we buy 2 high level central defenders.

We are not strong enough at the back.
We still need to secure 7th for EL football. Once we've gotten West Brom out of our rearview mirror i second that sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back