Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope so mate, maybe he is giving some players the rope to hang themselves like he did earlier in the year.

I should hope not.

If Koeman was picking players simply so that they could "hang themselves", either now or earlier in the season, I would want his instant dismissal.

That would no no way to pick a team in the EPL.

I was surprised at the starting line up - I was thinking maybe Barry was going to be utilised as a 3rd centre half, Williams and Mori are always vulnerable as a pair.

We weren't good enough today and Koeman must take the blame, but for a couple of poor goalkeeping/defensive errors we could have come away with something.

It's no disgrace to beaten away at Spurs, that's their 9th straight home win I think? They're a very good team and we should aspire to get to their level. We've come a long way from the last couple of seasons, but we've still got some to go. Time and money required! 1 loss in 10 ain't half bad considering some of the fixtures in that run.

Can't get my head round Barry starting today, why bring our least mobile midfielder in against probably the most mobile pressing side in the league?
It didn't work against Liverpool and spurs are better at it than that lot.
Noticeably better once McCarthy and mirallas came on,
Mistakes cost us today, koemans was picking Barry, and unfortunately individual errors led to their goals. Before blaming Baines for Allis goal, where were our centre halves?

We need 7th for getting EL.

The idea of stressing over whether we can finish above West Brom.

If we cannot achieve that small aim then we are wasting our time.

Need Lukaku and Barkley contracts sorting and the stadium announced. What goes on off the pitch is all I am concerned with now. Today was fatal sadly.

Surprised at the negative selection, I think we should've had a go at them from the start, but Spurs have a very good home record and I think Ron bottled it, but I will let him off on the basis we really are now looking like a side who can give any top 6 team a game.

Give credit where it's due but today Koeman has to take flak for that starting line up and formation. 4 defensive midfielders, ok some more defensive minded than others but it was a line up not to win and was as negative as anything moyes put out..

RK didn't deserve points today.

Maybe he wanted to hold them for 60 mins then have a go.. either way it didn't work.

Surprised at the negative selection, I think we should've had a go at them from the start, but Spurs have a very good home record and I think Ron bottled it, but I will let him off on the basis we really are now looking like a side who can give any top 6 team a game.

Based on today? when we got absolutely bummed, don't let that scoreline fool you mate, they should have won that by 3 or 4 today

Based on today? when we got absolutely bummed, don't let that scoreline fool you mate, they should have won that by 3 or 4 today

But they didn't. I don't disagree that we were poor today, but apart from Chelsea we've not lost by more than one goal (off the top of my head) which is a good knack to have - makes it possible to pick up points when not playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back