Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not have the defence to go at teams away from home. You only have to look at the high line Spurs played, that would have been suicide with the 'pace' of Mori and Williams. I really don't know why Koeman has abandoned 3 at the back. Holgate gives us that additional pace we so desire and the other 2 look better suited to a 3 at the back. Out of the back 5 starting today, I feel only Coleman is a certainty to start in August.

We do not have the defence to go at teams away from home. You only have to look at the high line Spurs played, that would have been suicide with the 'pace' of Mori and Williams. I really don't know why Koeman has abandoned 3 at the back. Holgate gives us that additional pace we so desire and the other 2 look better suited to a 3 at the back. Out of the back 5 starting today, I feel only Coleman is a certainty to start in August.
Playing Barry only exasperates the pace problem. Also it helps the defense if you have some periods of consistent possession and don't invite so much pressure

Summed up well. I also thought the initial team choice was suitable and even when behind it never looked like we in dire need of a change. Individual mistakes cost us today; many misplaced passes/crosses, sloppy defending and goalkeeper error. Koeman can't be to blame for that.

If it's not working mate, then Koeman is allowed to change players/system etc.

How we set - up left Lukaku isolated again, not for the first time this season as well.

Weak mentality going into the game. We had a white flag before a ball was kicked.

Played straight into a Spurs' hands.
A Spurs who I watched get knocked out of Europe by nobodies and get battered by the cultists across the park.

All three of AW, MS and Joel to blame for me mate, but I just think there was no need for Robles to give it to Snides. He could see the bigger picture, needed a cooler head.

Surely that is the cooler head? Picking out a player looking for the ball to try and build a move?

Rather than another % hoof up to Rom?

We obviously disagree on how much danger Schneiderlin was in when Robles, apparently under instruction from Ronko, throws it out.

I think it was fine to pass it there, and Schneiderlin needs to be cooler and more alert if he is going to be the player coming for the ball to start us off from deep.

Weak mentality going into the game. We had a white flag before a ball was kicked.

A Spurs who I watched get knocked out of Europe by nobodies and get battered by the cultists across the park.
On the other hand it is also the the same Spurs who are now second in the league, who outplayed city and Chelsea at home and unbeaten at home. No disgrace losing to them, but every right to be annoyed how the team was set up and the individuals errors within the game.

On the other hand it is also the the same Spurs who are now second in the league, who outplayed city and Chelsea at home and unbeaten at home. No disgrace losing to them, but every right to be annoyed how the team was set up and the individuals errors within the game.

I think Barkley and Davies were supposed to support Rom, Davies did a little, but not enough,and although Barkley was our best player, it was mostly from deeper.

Problem is though mate there have been plenty of games where the way we have set - up has isolated Lukaku, I would imagine in those games the plan was for certain players to support Rom as well, but it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back