Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really. As soon as I saw Barry named, it had defensive set up written all over it. What shocked me more than anything though was a lack of discipline and positional play, we were literally all over the place at one point. Let's hope it's a one off. I'd rather go for a win and lose than go for a draw and lose......

Cap in hand gets kick in teeth. Twas ever thus.

Set up to meekly offer a rearguard action and that will embolden the opposition to dominate you.

It;s why I believe Koeman will always fall short of the extra points we need to get top four while he's here. It's his instinct to defer to teams he sees as superior.

Formation wasn't the best but ultimately individual performances and errros cost us. Most of us inc RK know what needs to be done and it will be in the summer. Top 7 is progress it will take more than 9 months to realistically go any higher.

This really. As soon as I saw Barry named, it had defensive set up written all over it. What shocked me more than anything though was a lack of discipline and positional play, we were literally all over the place at one point. Let's hope it's a one off. I'd rather go for a win and lose than go for a draw and lose......

I think Schniderlin and Gana were a bit confussed with their roles when Barry was on the pitch. Schniderlin shall be the holding midfielder throughout the match.

Cap in hand gets kick in teeth. Twas ever thus.

Set up to meekly offer a rearguard action and that will embolden the opposition to dominate you.

It;s why I believe Koeman will always fall short of the extra points we need to get top four while he's here. It's his instinct to defer to teams he sees as superior.

...I might be wrong but I thought I heard in commentary that he was the last manager to win a league game at Spurs.

I'm not. Nt i a game like that anyway. But Koeman's point was that Spurs won because they have a settled unit. We do too for the most part.

Not in the sense that it is one managers first season at a new club, against a pretty settled unit, built by a manager who has been backed. I E, thats what we are building towards.

Anyrate, not seen the match yet, so will wait for 8 minutes later to fully assess it. Or not.

...I might be wrong but I thought I heard in commentary that he was the last manager to win a league game at Spurs.

He was, whilst at saints he managed wins away at Chelsea, man United and spurs last season, the season before at United and arsenal.

One ropey half against Stoke's donkeys and it's been binned completely, as has Holgate. Very disappointing, yet Barry and Mori get multiple goes at being horrendous
It's a poor decision in my view and just been done so he can shoehorn some players in at the expense of the overall team balance. It plays to strengths of Coleman/Baines, gives Lukaku support and we look better at the back with 3 central defenders.

Joel and Barry have been here for years.

True about Joel but he was criminally kept on the bench in favor of a failing Howard by the last manager and the start of this season left out in favor of a shocking Stek, at the club for years but not in the side

What is it that Barry has over these Everton managers. Can not believe he played today. Not only was he completely ineffective, but Guaye (our best performer all season) looked totally out of sorts having to play in a different role. You could see it after the first 10 minutes - I don't understand why he didn't change anything until gone 60 minutes.

A win today would've made it very interesting (although I never believe we should be competing yet with the top 4) so it's disappointing that we've underperformed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back