Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap in hand gets kick in teeth. Twas ever thus.

Set up to meekly offer a rearguard action and that will embolden the opposition to dominate you.

It;s why I believe Koeman will always fall short of the extra points we need to get top four while he's here. It's his instinct to defer to teams he sees as superior.

Agree we shouldn't set up to meekly defer to the opposition.

Disagree that it is necessarily Koemans instinct to do this

Cap in hand gets kick in teeth. Twas ever thus.

Set up to meekly offer a rearguard action and that will embolden the opposition to dominate you.

It;s why I believe Koeman will always fall short of the extra points we need to get top four while he's here. It's his instinct to defer to teams he sees as superior.
lollollol haha you are consistent if nothing else Dave.

Negative when we win.

Negative when we lose.

Edit....come to think about it Negative even if we dont have a game.

Agree we shouldn't set up to meekly defer to the opposition.

Disagree that it is necessarily Koemans instinct to do this
I'm judging since arrived here. At Southampton there might be a different mindset that the microscope is not on you as much and you have a free hand to go for it. Here he is under that microscope and I think he feels the need not to get a tonking...especially after Chelsea-geddon.

Theres no two ways about it. If Moyes had pulled that lineup and subs there'd be some after his head. It's knife to a gun fight. We've got the players now where we don't need to do it either. There's just no excuse, I hate seeing Everton do this, there's just no need because they end up losing the game anyway.

I should hope not.

If Koeman was picking players simply so that they could "hang themselves", either now or earlier in the season, I would want his instant dismissal.

That would no no way to pick a team in the EPL.

He needs to know who he takes forward next season, he can't do that with them sitting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back