Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are certainly making progress and Ross looks a completely different player to the one we saw under Martinez.

That last stat is mad though. How did we only have 44pts with the players he had at his disposal.

The big positive is that the weakest area is probably the defence and that is something I would put my full backing in Koeman to get right.

Given that the rest of the team is more or less set, Ronald will go out to box the defence and bring a new first choice CB, possibly a keeper and definitely a long-term replacement for Baines - the kid at Fulham.

Dave you sound disappointed. We're 7th now can we get higher, possibly we have 12 games left. Certainly the ship is not only steadied but also now not sinking. Give RK another window and further progress will be made. Rather than frown at our progress you should enjoy it.
Season ended on 7th January mate. 6th/7th/8th doesn't matter. Getting beat last week to Spurs didnt matter and winning today didn't really.

It was my hope we'd use the available time left this season to blood a few more of the youngsters in the academy.

Wrong.

Martinez only got 44 points last season.

Let that sink in. Koeman matched it with 12 games to go.
Benchmark must be Martinez's first season, his second and thirds were disasters. If Koeman gets to that then he's done very well, at the minute he's doing a decent job.

Season ended on 7th January mate. 6th/7th/8th doesn't matter. Getting beat last week to Spurs didnt matter and winning today didn't really.

It was my hope we'd use the available time left this season to blood a few more of the youngsters in the academy.
Sorry Dave your wrong. What you are seeing is progress and a team being built, academy kids are being introduced, Davies, Calvin Lewis and Holgate all now part of the first team set up. Still a long way to go but rewind 12 months and we were in free fall, progress and perhaps more importantly optimism has returned underlined by ongoing sell outs.

There's European football to play for, Dave. Season is far from over.

It's not May and there's no need to send academy kids out as shields from critics.

Plus, the kids that he's given a chance to have proved they can stick around. Dowell and the likes are getting their chance in training during the week but unfortunately, at the moment, aren't doing enough to force their way in.

Let them win the U23 title and then they can have another go in the Prem in May.

I'd rather we win every game possible, wether there's a reason too or not, I feel he's bringing in the right amount of youth that are ready to play, overall this is a successful season in comparison to the two dismal shows we've had, things look positive again, enjoy the ride while it lasts then get on Koemans back when it sours, what's the point on dwelling on the past, your only wasting your own energy

was loving the nbcsn feed today

color commentator talks about how happy koeman must be with this performance

meanwhile koeman is giving death stares and looking cranky af

I wasn't sure on the team selection today but it was proved to be bang on (as has most of Koeman's teams in the past few months apart from once - the Spurs game).

He looked very happy afterwards.

The good run continues and it looked very easy for us today. We broke down a tough team multiple times and defended well.

With Lincoln now out, we just need Spurs to knock out Millwall and 7th being Europa is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back