Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This group of players will be worth assessing again when it gets real again. There's no thing much to be learned from the remainder of a season when the pressure has already gone. We saw that under Moyes often enough: biggest finale to the end of a season when it was all a bit after the Lord Mayors parade.

Next August we'll see what there made of. And we'll see what this manager us made of too.
So there'll be no pressure on the side when they visit the pit or OT?

By writing the season off you can sit there chatting bubbles about it meaning nothing and ignore good solid performances and results, by just shrugging. I've never known an Evertonian who takes no enjoyment out of us winning until I came across you and your weird self absorbed agenda

So there'll be no pressure on the side when they visit the pit or OT?

By writing the season off you can sit there chatting bubbles about it meaning nothing and ignore good solid performances and results, by just shrugging. I've never known an Evertonian who takes no enjoyment out of us winning until I came across you and your weird self absorbed agenda

Thats questionable

It's a different league now. Spurs and UTD were that bad in 13/14 they both sacked their managers. Martinez was also gifted a very capable squad to which he only added 3 regular starters (Barry, Lukaku and McCarthy) their were certainly more than 3 positions needing filling for the mess that Koeman inherited to get them instantly amoungst Arsenal Liverpool UTD who current occupy 4th, 5th and 6th.

I would say though, that if two of the teams above us currently next season are doing that badly that they feel the need to sack their manager/s and we don't take advantage then Koeman would deserve sacking.

Not trying to get into an argument but he also gave Ross his breakthrough season. Stones and Del were also key contributors.

Not trying to get into an argument but he also gave Ross his breakthrough season. Stones and Del were also key contributors.
Barkley was here and Stones and Deulofeu were involved. Point I was making is The league was weaker and Martinez inherited a better squad in a better place.

Dave, what are you even going on about
You know what I'm going on about. To be relevant our games have to be competitive and have meaning. If we project ahead with the last two months form and expect that to simply translate into form for next season then you haven't been paying attention to this group of players.

Barkley was here and Stones and Deulofeu were involved. Point I was making is The league was weaker and Martinez inherited a better squad in a better place.

Do you think Ross would have had his breakout season under Moyes?

Getting wildly off topic here.

Pretty happy with the state of the current manager. Still don't support his mayo on chips nonsense though.

Do you think Ross would have had his breakout season under Moyes?

Getting wildly off topic here.

Pretty happy with the state of the current manager. Still don't support his mayo on chips nonsense though.
If Moyes would of then he deserved stringing up by his short and curly's same as any manager who wouldn't of played him.

You know what I'm going on about. To be relevant our games have to be competitive and have meaning. If we project ahead with the last two months form and expect that to simply translate into form for next season then you haven't been paying attention to this group of players.

Dave, we are unbeaten at home since losing the derby. We've seen off a number of different challenges - City, relegation sides, horrible teams that we usually lose against and we are genuinely playing well.

Last week we were beaten by a team that has taken four years to build and is still undergoing a positive change in mentality.

Christ man, be happy. We're going well here and for everyone else, it's genuinely hard to poke holes in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back